Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Louis Double Regional - who is going

I figure I get to 115MPH and I use brakes. Not sure about Stevens and Bari but I am sure they are faster than that. They may lift a little but no brakes.

I think you can turn a 1:14 and use brakes and I was working on it when my right front strut came appart. But to run in the 1:13's (let alone a 1:13.1 like Stevens did on Sunday) you got to get on the ragged edge.
    [/b]
    I don't believe that Jim runs on "the ragged edge". He consistantly turns those times in a very well prepared PFM Racing RX-7 with a great Tuxedo Park Racing motor. He is a joy to watch. He drives everything well.

Nadeem is not quite as consistant but still a great driver in a great car.

I suspect that the 7's are going about 110 mph at the end of the straight, I know that Jude does not brake until after the turn before 2.

Travis, I agree, I don't like that track too much either, I would much rather drive farther to any other track but since it is so close it is hard to resist.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

I don't believe that Jim runs on "the ragged edge". He consistantly turns those times in a very well prepared PFM Racing RX-7 with a great Tuxedo Park Racing motor. He is a joy to watch. He drives everything well.

Nadeem is not quite as consistant but still a great driver in a great car.

I suspect that the 7's are going about 110 mph at the end of the straight, I know that Jude does not brake until after the turn before 2.

Travis, I agree, I don't like that track too much either, I would much rather drive farther to any other track but since it is so close it is hard to resist.
    [/b]
    No doubt that Jim and Nadeem are shoes....okay so it would be the ragged edge for me!

I am not guessing on the MPH. That is a calculation based on RPM/tire diameter etc when I go for the brakes in my car.
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    83 RX7
    STU #17

ragged edge != faster.

sometimes it does, but not always. think T3 MAM, T1 STL is probably the same way.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Last weekend was my first time at GIR and I will return, hopefully with some more horsepower. The GIR staff and STL region workers and officials were very patient in answering my inane questions and the racing was fun like it should be. Great weather, I didn't hit anything and got my Rabbit loaded on the trailer with all four corners on it. Great way to end my first year racing.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp