Thread: 240SX Wheels

I found after the last race that the spoke on one of my rims is cracked all the way through. Kinda pissed me off as these are Volk TE37s, which are forged and are supposed to be super strong. I guess the stress over time caused it.

Anyways, I checked around and TE37s in a +15 offset are special order from Japan and will take 3 months to get here. I'm running the ARRC in November and need a plan B. I have a second set of rims, but they weigh a ton and have a +35 offset so that I need 20mm spacers. I could use them on the rear with the Volks up front if I can't come up with anything else.

What rims are you guys using? Does everyone use spacers? I've never liked using spacers, especially on a race car, but it doesn't seem to bother people. I've found that rims with a +15 offset aren't that common. Team Dynamics makes rims with that offset, but they're in England and have said that it'll take a couple months to get them if I order them now. There's a Gram Lights rim with a +12 offset, but I'm figuring that's a special order from Japan as well. I looked at the Kosei K-1, SSR Competitions, and other popular light weight rims and none had an offset smaller than +35. I was thinking of getting a set of 4 for my second set if I could find something that fit, but that's proving challenging.

Thanks for any input.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

David, are those 13' or 14" on your car?

Aren't you in Atlanta? Have you talked to Paul Spruell? He got me some unusual backspace Panasports a few years back on pretty short notice.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

David - I've been using the K1s. I have 3 sets, all have a +27 offset and I use 1/4" spacers all around to get down to around +21. All of my wheels came from either ebay or the classifieds here, but I also had plenty of time to wait and watch the ads, which you obviously don't. I did call TireRack once about getting a new set, but if I remember right they told me it could take several months to get them in that offset.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck.

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

David, are those 13' or 14" on your car?

Aren't you in Atlanta? Have you talked to Paul Spruell? He got me some unusual backspace Panasports a few years back on pretty short notice.
    [/b]
    These are 15x7. I'm still searching, but it looks like everything with the offset I need is special order no matter the manufacturer. I'll give Panasport a call, though I don't particularly like the look of their rims.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Try circle racing wheels. (sorry don't have the number)

I picked up the Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1's. They had to drill them for me, and I have 15mm h&r spacers in front. The rears don't need the extra clearance. The price was right, but I'd rather have the proper offset - next time. This was a couple years ago - they might have another offset available now.

Their website looks like it is in the middle of a redo. http://www.rimstock.co.uk/

Jason.
    1989 ITA 240sx - #21 MARRS Series

http://www.timelapseracing.com

I picked up the Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1's. They had to drill them for me, and I have 15mm h&r spacers in front. The rears don't need the extra clearance. The price was right, but I'd rather have the proper offset - next time. This was a couple years ago - they might have another offset available now.

Their website looks like it is in the middle of a redo. http://www.rimstock.co.uk/

Jason.
    [/b]
    I've traded some e-mails with the US rep for Team Dynamics. I was looking at the Pro Race 2, but they were worried about brake caliper clearance and recommended the Pro Race 1.2. I'm not sure I like the look of the 1.2. In any case, they said it'd be November before they ship and they wouldn't be here in time for the ARRC. My rain tires would be mounted on these rims once I get everything squared away so weight isn't as big an issue and the price is definitely right. I'm looking at getting a set of either the Gram Lights or Team Dynamics for my second set in the off season. It's looking like two of my spare rims with spacers for the ARRC. I could actually not use the spacers on the rear, but then the track between the wheels would be different front and rear. I did this for the rain race in Feb, but not sure I want to do it for a dry race.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

I run the Kosei's K1 with a +17 offset.

I got them from the Tire Rack - they would apparently special order - or just drill blanks for you at one point. I do not know if this is still the case (since last I heard the K1's were going out of production).

But their price was right, and I have about 8 of them from the TR like that. The only downside was that the centerbore requires a spacer (can be ordered cheaply from discounttire.com - the ones from TR were plastic and I didn't even bother with them).

joe
    #13 ITS S13 Nissan 240SX

We've done some extensive research on this for our 3 204's. We found the only ones that work are from team dynamics and run and them with a spacer. We have a wholesale account with team dynamics and would be happy to help you out in getting a set. We can usually have them here in about a week. Let me know if I can help you out at all.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

I just bought 2 of the team dynamics wheels to replace 2 rims I bent @ Daytona. They fit the rear w/ no spacer. I had a 1/2" hud-centric spacer made for the front so I can use the same offset on all 4 corners. Hope this helps...

I just bought 2 of the team dynamics wheels to replace 2 rims I bent @ Daytona. They fit the rear w/ no spacer. I had a 1/2" hud-centric spacer made for the front so I can use the same offset on all 4 corners. Hope this helps...