Thread: Exciting season-closer ITB race video

I've finally gotten video from this last and most exciting race of the season uploaded on my website:
    http://www.vaughanscott.com/videos/f...race_front.wmv

It's 32Mb, and is the last few laps of a very exciting race from flag to flag, going for the ITB win at Waterford Hills. Final margin of victory was 0.017s, the video still capture of the checker is below - with 3 attempts on the lead on the last lap alone! A very fast, fun, furious, yet clean race on a very narrow strip of asphalt - shows how it can be done!!! Check it out, I promise you won't regret it...

Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

That was a good video...you sounded pretty happy at the end. Some good clean racing, that video shows what it is all about.

That's a very tight, technical track! Didn't see a lot of brake light activity, and heard a lot of loud pedal action, so you guys were really goin' at it! Shame that you don't see races like that more often. Don't know if I could handle it, though. I might have to boost the battery on the pace maker. :P
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Wow, nice racing. Dave Gran should put a link to it on his book site.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Very Sweet I got goose bumps watching it!

Best of luck!
    Racy-Stacey
    Toodles, Stacey_B
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR 2009 ITB CalClub Championship - Solo2 (FSP) www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life.
    Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Hankook tires - Auto-Meter

geeez......if the guy in front wants to hold you back, it looks like theres not a whole lot you can do about it on that track. Nice win.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

LOL! Thanks, but I didn't win! See where his bumper is in that still? Pass was made about 10 feet after the stripe.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Oh, sorry, I just guessed you won from your reaction on the tape, LOL. On THAT track you should have been scored a victory just for getting your bumper up to his front wheel, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Cool video and it sure looks like a fun, technical track. I have to say though, I was a bit surprised by the lack of any kind of barrier between the back stretch and the section of the track just before the long, double-apex l/h turn just before start finish. There's a small x-over road there. I just had visions of someone running wide there, getting off on the grass, and heading stright for the back stretch right where you exit that long r/h turn.

Cool video, makes me miss racing even more. You need to bring that game to the ARRC.

Bob Hudson, Atlanta Region Div Steward
    Bob Hudson
    National Steward

That barrier question has been raised elsewhere too... but I've never heard of it being a concern; trajectories of cars don't end up with spatial conflicts in that area, really... and that access road is definitely necessary to get to the turn leading onto the back straight; if we have a big hit, that's where it's going to be. That's where both of mine were. High speed - like Turn 1 at Mid-O - but very little runoff before the wall, therefore definitely requires more of the Vital Equipment to get through at full-tilt!

Yeah, I desperately want to get down to the ARRC, but whereas before I had the budget and not the game, now I have the game but not the budget...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com