It has been brought to my attention that some accusations and insinuations regarding myself and Race Engineering have been voiced on this forum.

Who is Race Engineering?... We are an engine builder specializing in Spec Miata engines. We build approximately 200 engines per year and also build complete race Spec Miatas as well as differentials and gear boxes.

To directly address the accusations and innuendo regarding what transpired during tech at the SIC my car was the John Deere #19 car. We finished 2nd in the race clinching the SARRC championship. In impound we were asked to remove our intake manifold and header, as well as remove all 4 spark plugs and jack the car up so that a gear ratio inspection could be done. We complied with these wishes the Tech Inspectors inspected theses components and we were found COMPLIANT in all areas. The before mentioned car that was found NONCOMPLIANT has nothing to do with Race Engineering nor uses any of our product.

As for the above mentioned question
"How much did it cost Race Engineering for this miscommunication?"
Race Engineering has NEVER bribed or paid monies to ANY Tech official in ANY series. Nor have any Race Engineering cars or customer cars ever been found to be non compliant and have NEVER had been assessed any points, lost any places or had any fines or tech issues.

Race Engineering won the East Coast Pro Miata Championship in 2005, the North American Pro Miata Overall Championship in 2005, the Carolina Pro Cup Spec Miata in 2005, the ARRC Spec Miata in 2005, 4 Spec Miata divisional championships in National competition in 2006 as well as the SARRC Spec Miata in 2006. Through all of these championships and races our cars have been torn down in tech on numerous occasions parts have been confiscated, engines have been confiscated and cars have been impounded and NEVER has there been any compliance issues... period.

I hope this clears up any confusion in regards to these questions. If anyone has any other questions please feel free to give me a call (704) 636-2452..