Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIC Roebling - Tech Inspection Issues w/outside tech?

It has been brought to my attention that some accusations and insinuations regarding myself and Race Engineering have been voiced on this forum.

Who is Race Engineering?... We are an engine builder specializing in Spec Miata engines. We build approximately 200 engines per year and also build complete race Spec Miatas as well as differentials and gear boxes.

To directly address the accusations and innuendo regarding what transpired during tech at the SIC my car was the John Deere #19 car. We finished 2nd in the race clinching the SARRC championship. In impound we were asked to remove our intake manifold and header, as well as remove all 4 spark plugs and jack the car up so that a gear ratio inspection could be done. We complied with these wishes the Tech Inspectors inspected theses components and we were found COMPLIANT in all areas. The before mentioned car that was found NONCOMPLIANT has nothing to do with Race Engineering nor uses any of our product.

As for the above mentioned question
    "How much did it cost Race Engineering for this miscommunication?"
    Race Engineering has NEVER bribed or paid monies to ANY Tech official in ANY series. Nor have any Race Engineering cars or customer cars ever been found to be non compliant and have NEVER had been assessed any points, lost any places or had any fines or tech issues.

Race Engineering won the East Coast Pro Miata Championship in 2005, the North American Pro Miata Overall Championship in 2005, the Carolina Pro Cup Spec Miata in 2005, the ARRC Spec Miata in 2005, 4 Spec Miata divisional championships in National competition in 2006 as well as the SARRC Spec Miata in 2006. Through all of these championships and races our cars have been torn down in tech on numerous occasions parts have been confiscated, engines have been confiscated and cars have been impounded and NEVER has there been any compliance issues... period.

I hope this clears up any confusion in regards to these questions. If anyone has any other questions please feel free to give me a call (704) 636-2452..
    Bob Thornton
    Race Engineering
    www.raceengineering.org

Ditto what Bob said! Its bad enough to hear about this kind of speculation on the SM boards, but to hear it comming from the other classes is just uncalled for.

Glenn
    Crew Chief #19 SM
    Glenn
    Just one of the CLOWNS under the OPM Big Top

Sounds like maybe the old seatbelt bulkhead thing is rearing its ugly head again???
    [/b]
    If it were that sort of thing it is clearly not a performance enhancing modification, that is for sure. I forgot one side on one of our cars one time and once the cage is in it isn't easily covered up. But, a quick fix to get through tech might be some aluminum tape, I've seen some cars with that.

Ron

Jeff Young,

I read your reply @ work, just got home. I see Mr Thornton @ RE has already replied to the other guys post.
    That was pretty much what I was trying to say. If you mention someones business in the same post as allegations of cheating, even jokingly, the rumor mill will start going full throttle.
    I'm sure you didn't intend to even imply anything, but I know how fast rumors spread through the racing community, and these race shops feed many peoples families. As you can see by Mr Thorntons response, this thread got back to him quickly, and I can understand why he'd be upset. Wasn't trying to throw you under the bus, I just knew what would happen. Like I said, I'm sure you weren't implying anything, but rumors never have a good ending.

Harvey... I believe there were 3 cars involved back then. Wasn't meant as a slam, just pointing out that headquarters does random checks that most people never hear about. How's that Volvo coming along?

Toni..thanks for clearing that up. Inquiring minds always want to know the latest, and we appreciate you keeping us up to date.

Congrats to all the newly crowned SARRC champions! I hear Roebling is now FAAAASSSSSTTTT!!!!
    I can't wait to go back.

Mark
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

Mark, I agree mostly. Don't mean to quibble, but in a way, I'm glad this was aired out.

The talk was happening with our without this thread, and it is good that Toni and Bob Thornton explained what happened here. I said in my first post that I thought this was a non-event, and I am glad it turned out that way.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff,

It's all good!

Mark
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

Mark:

I was only kidding I remember all too well. The Volvo is coming along painfully slow, It just does not want to put its self together.
    Les Chaney
    #33 FP Volvo

You need a better genie, Harvey.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

Amen Mark -- good racing to ya.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

It has been brought to my attention that some accusations and insinuations regarding myself and Race Engineering have been voiced on this forum.

Who is Race Engineering?... We are an engine builder specializing in Spec Miata engines. We build approximately 200 engines per year and also build complete race Spec Miatas as well as differentials and gear boxes.

To directly address the accusations and innuendo regarding what transpired during tech at the SIC my car was the John Deere #19 car. We finished 2nd in the race clinching the SARRC championship. In impound we were asked to remove our intake manifold and header, as well as remove all 4 spark plugs and jack the car up so that a gear ratio inspection could be done. We complied with these wishes the Tech Inspectors inspected theses components and we were found COMPLIANT in all areas. The before mentioned car that was found NONCOMPLIANT has nothing to do with Race Engineering nor uses any of our product.

As for the above mentioned question
    "How much did it cost Race Engineering for this miscommunication?"
    Race Engineering has NEVER bribed or paid monies to ANY Tech official in ANY series. Nor have any Race Engineering cars or customer cars ever been found to be non compliant and have NEVER had been assessed any points, lost any places or had any fines or tech issues.

Race Engineering won the East Coast Pro Miata Championship in 2005, the North American Pro Miata Overall Championship in 2005, the Carolina Pro Cup Spec Miata in 2005, the ARRC Spec Miata in 2005, 4 Spec Miata divisional championships in National competition in 2006 as well as the SARRC Spec Miata in 2006. Through all of these championships and races our cars have been torn down in tech on numerous occasions parts have been confiscated, engines have been confiscated and cars have been impounded and NEVER has there been any compliance issues... period.

I hope this clears up any confusion in regards to these questions. If anyone has any other questions please feel free to give me a call (704) 636-2452..
    [/b]

That is a very thorough and professional reply - well said. I'd buy stuff from somebody like you if I ran a Miata.

Cheers,

Ben
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion