What do you mean .....Koni shocks are not made for this car......? They are made for the V8 Mustangs in multiple flavors and can be custom vlaved. You can also run rod end circle track shock on a mustang and stay well within the IT rules. All you do is add a stud to a double shear UB Machine shock mount and run the stud through the factory shock mount on the body.

For what it is worth I ran adjustable spring spacers on my Solo II FOX Mustang for years. They were not welded or tacked into place in the front or rear. Unlike Ron I mounted the rear adjustable spacer on top of the spring not on the arm because I didn't want to add the weight to the arm. Anyway I never had an issue when them coming out.

Now, that said I think you should be able to tack them in place because it would make them easier to adjust I would request a clarification and get this added to the book.
[/b]
Sure, there are V8 shocks available but it requires slight grinding on the spindles for them to fit. The early V8 cars face this same issue. If you have an early V8 you must shave the spindle in order to install the shocks that are made now ~or~ install the newer V8 spindles which is what everyone does outside of the SCCA to include circle track racers. Bottom line is if you want competitive performance shocks for the Mustang you will need to remove a small amount of material to install them. If Ron had not said anything No One would have known any better.

I agree. I think the rules need to clarify.