Thread: Seat Belts for 2007

Okay, I've not got the memory I used to have. The SCCA site is down, so I can't find out from Fastrack or anyone else there. So here's my question...

For 2007, are we required or is it still recommended that we have 6 or 7 point restraint systems in place of the current 5 point for the drivers?

I have to start the winter race car shopping list early. Roll cage modifications will take enough time as it is.

Thanks
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I could not recall any change to 6 point minimum, but I didnt dig too far. when I bought new belts I just went with 6 point FIA belts.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Okay, I've not got the memory I used to have. The SCCA site is down, so I can't find out from Fastrack or anyone else there. So here's my question...

For 2007, are we required or is it still recommended that we have 6 or 7 point restraint systems in place of the current 5 point for the drivers?

I have to start the winter race car shopping list early. Roll cage modifications will take enough time as it is.

Thanks
    [/b]
    I'm 99% sure it has been mandated for 2007 6 or 7 point belts. 5 point are no longer any good. They mandated this in late 2005 saying that by '07 they will be needed. This way the 2 year limit on belts would be up.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I do not think that is the case.

I thought that they backed off mandating 6 and 7 point sytems.

My memory is that the CRB recomended 6 point last year but the BOD turned it down.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I'll second that answer. The recommendation was made by the CRB but the BOD rejected it.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

I love the BOD

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Ray: I originally bought a 5 point system. Thought better of it and decided to go to a 6 point. Because I bought a latch-link set, I was able to find a supplier who sold the leg strap seperate, and upgraded my setup (could even have a 7 point if I wanted). Cost was actually less than if I had bought a 6 point to begin with.

I find the 6 point system more comfortable (physically and mentally!). But, just to keep within the thread, 5 point belts are still the minimum required.

Going to be back at Mid-Ohio any time soon?
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Just Go for 7 point FIA approved Belts. They are good for 5 years and then you are all set when it does change to 7 point even if its 3 years from now.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Just Go for 7 point FIA approved Belts. They are good for 5 years and then you are all set when it does change to 7 point even if its 3 years from now.
    [/b]
    That sounds reasonable. I wanted to check first. I have a set of 5 pt. that are still in the box (long story). They have a year of legality left on them, and I was about to give them away to my team mate. He has a play car that he wants to run ITE with, but needed new belts. I suppose I'll have to bite the big one, be a nice guy, and just buy the big belts.
    I wasn't aware that the 7 pt FIA belts were approved for 5 years. Do they come in both latch or cam lock?
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Ray: I originally bought a 5 point system. Thought better of it and decided to go to a 6 point. Because I bought a latch-link set, I was able to find a supplier who sold the leg strap seperate, and upgraded my setup (could even have a 7 point if I wanted). Cost was actually less than if I had bought a 6 point to begin with.

I find the 6 point system more comfortable (physically and mentally!). But, just to keep within the thread, 5 point belts are still the minimum required.

Going to be back at Mid-Ohio any time soon?
    [/b]

I always would recomend buying the best belts, they may save your arse some day... for me now, I have belts that don't run out for a while, and I wouldn't have to also replace those to keep within the rules. If I were to get extra cash then I might get new ones just to be a bit more safe, but I am poor...

As for Mid Ohio... I would love to come out, maybe next year!!! We will be ready for a different adventure after this years (chase for the NARRC championship) and with having the big trailer for both cars...

Coming to Lime Rock anytime soon

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com