Thread: ITR Boxster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pocono North Course was very fun this weekend but a DE event just doesn't stack up to a race weekend or test weekend when you are running against the clock and measuring the results.

The determination on the car - outstanding brakes. I ran KFP purlple in front and gold in the back and these were some of the grabbiest pads I've used. (But they squeak terribly on the street which sucks.)

The handling was excellent. Coming off the straight into the right hander I was able to just tap brakes and clip the apex at extreme speed. The car would get unsettled only for a moment but recover without much input needed. This will be one of the easiest cars to drive at speed - it was a little wet and I had fun dirt tracking the car around in full drift until they started pointing a furled black at me to calm it down.

Power was way down. I was running with 944 cars with track tires - pretty close to full race cars without cages. No intake or exhaust but great coil over kits. These guys were just as fast on the straights as I was. Granted they had a much better out corner than I did due to tires, but I was disappointed on the power. The car RPM'd up slow which is a sign of low HP. The car's motor is fine and pulls great for a Boxster. My concern is that in IT trim these cars do not get the 20hp or so that many other cars can achieve. The Boxster is pretty maxed from the factory.

Looks like a slow build while enjoying the car on the street. It has potential - I want to see if anybody who has done a full motor build is satisfied with the power. I think the trick to win will be outstanding handling and winning on the short, twisty tracks, while dogging it a little on the fast tracks.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    .........., but I was disappointed on the power. ...........
    Spoken like a true SPO guy!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com