Just reading through this thread, and seeing all the cars that people are throwing out there as good, solid candidates is cool. To me, that's validation that we did a pretty good job putting this thing together.

I would LOVE to be able to afford to run a car in this class, as it looks like it's going to be a hoot, w/ a lot of players comming to the party. Don't kid yourself, front running ITR cars are going to be MAJOR $$$, and we won't see it for 3-4 years until some of the really significant development happens, and people start sorting these things out.

If I was going to run a car, and I had the attitude that it didn't have to be the 'best' car out there, hands down it would be a 911 SC. I still think those are some of the coolest cars ever, and they've got such a racing pedigree. Just like the old adage "nobody ever got fired for picking IBM", you could just as easily say "hard to go wrong racing a 911". If I were going to go w/ the 'best' car, I'd have to look real hard at an E46 BMW.

It's also kind of interesting some of the cars that haven't been brought up (e.g. 928, E30 M3, etc.)

Should be some very busy people over the winter (not to mention some melted credit cards! )