Thread: Race Driver Introduction

Default Race Driver Introduction

Hi guys,

I wanted to introduce myself on these boards. I am a professional racer from the UK with experience racing Champ Cay Indycar, Indy Lights, A1GP and Nascar Nationwide. I actually finished on the podium at the Denver Champ Car street race back in 2006.

This year I won the ITC Porsche Cayman series and all 12races I entered. Now I am focused on the Grand-Am series.

I instruct a lot of track day groups and drivers at track in the midwest but now am looking at a move to the Denver area.

Please introduce yourself if you are involved in any racing at all. I would like to meet racing people from this area.

Dan Clarke

Dan,

My name is Tim Betteridge and I drive an ITS 944. I'm in western NC so pretty far from you. Like you, I was born in the UK, but I was raised in Canada.

I'd guess there are quite a few ITS 944's around the country although you don't see that many. We have three people here in FL and SC who hopefully will be driving 944's soon. The 944S2 is a killer car for ITR but the build costs have been reported to be pretty steep.

On the 911 front - not too many. Most 911 racers are in PCA.

So, maybe you can get the Cayman approved for ITR?

BR
    Tim
    timo

Welcome, Dan!