Thread: last chance regional and enduro

how did it go? rain or dry? results?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Hmmm? Tough weekend for us. Had entered Enduro with Ed Zebroski SSM. Pulled Number 21 on starting grid. Green flag and 17 seconds in Bill (Weaver) got tapped and turned facing traffic got hit 3/4 more times incuding head-on by a Mustang that was grided 61. Car is total loss fortunately all safety equipment worked as should have.The Hans took 3 tests and did its Job. Bill is ok buised and sore. On Sunday He Did drive our ITS RX-7 qualified 9th and finished 10th overall and 4th in class. I was co-race chair for weekend and will push for some type of grid by speed. Hopefully we can find some Video I think Cheiffe Motorsports has some video (Or anyone else). To those who stopped by Saturday & Sunday to check on Bill thank you!!! T Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I have always like the way that the Glen draws a number but it really means that everyone needs to remember the race is 3hours long, and even if you are not at the top for the first hour, you will get thier if you have the best pit stops and drivers. Basically the rule "you can't win on the first turn" is far more relaant than at a sprint race.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I drove the opening leg for the RPS Memorial Racing (inside joke <g>) #95 CRX. We started 44th, finished 27th overall and 3rd in ITA inspite of it being my first SCCA race. Kudos again to Tom Kearney and Dave Ciufo for consistently doing better than my (best?) 2:33 :-)
    Special thanks to our crew: Chris Chiu and Chris Ciufo. You guys rock!!!

Weather was good.
    I don&#39;t recall much more than a couple minutes of drizzle- if any- during the enduro, but the track was still slightly damp from the morning rain in a few spots when I was out.

As these looked like what I remember from the results sheet, I "stole" this summary from the Spec Miata forum.
    1. T2 Chris Tompson/Larry Maloney (350Z)
    2. ITS Brian Fitzgerald/Steve Wheeler (Integra)
    3. SM Steven Gorriaran/Bruce Ledoux
    4. SSB William Fenton/Michael Liebl
    5. ITA Tom Blaney/Larry Hebeler Jr. (CRX)
    6. ITS R.Inness Eisele/Andy Hughes
    7. ITS Chris Camadella/Joe Stadelmann
    8. SM Fred Ferguson/Andrew McCabe
    9. SSM Paul Dethier/Steven Frederick
    10. SM David Lendrum/Eric Lendrum
    11. SM Chris Tamburo/Ken Zalner
    12. SM Serge Lentz/Jerry Rigoli
    13. SM Alan Lendrum/Jared Lendrum
    14. SSM Andrzej Brzezinkski/Michael Lo
    15. SM Doug Fambrough/Brian Kleeman
    16. SM Paul Capel/Jonathan Hummer
    17. SSM Walter Scheeren/Werner Scheeren
    18. SSM Jamie Kekeisen/Wesley Saunders
    19. SSM Don Duman/Joseph Plunkett
    20. ITA James Alley/Nate Hine

There were ~52 finishers from ~62 starting.
    The opening carnage took quite a few laps to clear from Turn 1. Other than that post-start salvo, I&#39;m pretty sure it was a clean race.

The fastest times seemed slow compared to last year. As an ITA guy, I only remember the results from Blaney/Hebeler and us specifically. Their best was ~2:23 while ours was 2:25. I&#39;m certain Hebeler&#39;s CRX is capable of 2:19 or less based on their 2005 performance. (Although they were probably slowed at least a little by earlier RF damage).

Great weekend overall (including the school)!
    Thanks again to everyone who made it possible.

Scott Moller
    #95 CRX

how did it go? rain or dry? results?
    [/b]
    Dry qualifying group 1 rain for the rest. Dry race group 1, water seeping through track in usual spots.

Group 1 results on a slow track with a 20-30 mph head wind going down the back straight. Pulling out of the draft was like opening a parachute behind the car. P2 through P6 ran close all race swapping postions every other lap or so.

A good time was had by all

1 ITS Camadella 2:21.889 (cruise control after running away on the first lap)
    2 ITA Holmes 2:22.046 (ITA fast lap)
    3 ITS Bob Henderson 2:21.475
    4 ITS Marc Cefalo 2:22.005
    5 ITA DiMinno 2:22.732
    6 ITA Brad Barnhouse 2:22.768
    7 ITA Andy Hughes 2:26.237
    8 ITS Bill Weaver 2:24.973 ( great run after the enduro incedent)
    9 ITA Alan Daley 2:22.829
    10 ITA Gene Litz 2:25.570

Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion