Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 East Coast Enduros

Kirk:

We are planning a second season for USERA. I also want to start out with seperate classis for the IT cars so the ITB guys aren't racing against the ITS guys. I haven't decided yout how I feel about about ITR because I don't have a strong feeling about their numbers.

We would LOVE to be included on the longer club enduros, but the issue there from the club's perspective would be how to include USERA in a way that benefits the region. For races that may have lower numbers, we could help increase draw if our number come up. We had a good time with the Neohio weekend at Nelson. But I can't see the 12 Hours of Summit Point, which has waiting lists each year, needing "help".

I'm working on the schedule now and hope to have something soon.

Okay - a quick review of supps and entries makes it look like the following classes are common to the four big races we're talking about - Homestead 12, Summit 12, VIR 13, and Nelson 24:

ITC
    ITB
    ITA
    ITS
    SSC
    SSB
    SM

Add ITR to the list (national class in a recognized category) and there's the starting point for class structure. Yeah, you could try to be the "East Coast Club Enduro" ITGT champ, but you'd only run one race to accomplish that...
    [/b]
    Sounds like a plan!

Sounds like a great plan Kirk!! And since VIR is only 2 weeks away, hopefully, there will be several interest parties there. You may want to try and organize a meeting of interested parties, and take advantage of the fact that many will be there. Good way to kick it off.

How about "ECEC" East Coast Endurance Championship"? You could get cutesy w/ it and do something like E squared C squared.

"Atlantic Endurance Racing Championship Series" AERCS

Or how about this?

RACES - Regional Atlantic Championship Endurance Series

But I can't see the 12 Hours of Summit Point, which has waiting lists each year, needing "help".

[/b]

I don't know how your business model works exactly, Ken and can only make assumptions about how a collaboration with a region might look. Our goal (run long races, ideally that make up a series of some kind that we can brag about) and your/USERA's goals might not line up very well.

Is there any reason that you wouldn't come out to the 13 hours in two weeks? If you do, please stop by and say hello.

K

PS - Ken's reminder of the lottery reality at some of these races brings up a good point: How would we deal with the chance that someone might get skunked, completly not of their own doing, if a points championship is on the line?

I would say, you snooze you loose, it's non-invasive and mirrors the harsh realities of life

Also, what about those points? You have to assign the points to the car, as there is currently no mechanism for calculating laps per driver. You could have the teams turn them in on the honor system, as long as they don't exceed the # of laps in the official race results.

Kirk:

We will indeed be attending the 13 Hour. Stacey and I are the "voices" of Race Control for NCR... and Stacey and I may rotate out to start if they need a break or two.

It may be difficult for us to break away from the tower, so if you have a minute or two, come up to race control and say "hello".