Charlie, I have only been on the CRB for less that a year and being from an IT back ground the different Prod rules make my head swim. As Jake said each class has a committee that sends the CRB recommendations. I have tried to alway support what the indavidual committees recomend, unless I thought it was outside the box. I will also let you know that I am a strong supporter of the Production committee running all of the current cars through a similar process like the IT comittee did last year. This would enable them to have a better understanding of how the different rules packages stack up. I will also be at the runoff, so feel free to look me up. Peter Keane, CRB.
[/b]
I'll be happy to discuss this with you in person as well but it seems to me that the best place to find new Prod Cars is in the ITCS.

Here are some thoughts:

How about classing cars before anyone asks for the classification. NASA does this in spades!

If the PAC feels the need to control the performance potential of new cars how about doing this with weight. Weight is cheap to add and some what cheap to take off.

Don't worry about a car's age - some "old" cars are still VERY popular like the one I own

Don't be afraid to class the same car in multiple places - drivers can read class designations on track and it gives a car owner a chance to build as they go.

Thanks for posting here Peter!