Peter,
I hope to meet you at Topeka to discuss this car . Why would the CRB withdraw the request like this without explanation ? Some insight would be helpful so maybe we can address the issue and not have to wait another whole year for a chance. We have two more Fastrack's to get it done. FP is the right choice for a Neon racer to move into National competion, so why not give a car that has a huge following a chance at the National level ?

I believe we have already seen a similar situation with the ITS move to ITA that was stalled. Once it did happen it was too late as unfortunately for Neon racer's as Dodge had removed their support of their IT parts program due to poor sales. The Club should have supported a Manufacturer that had supported Club racing for so many years. Its amazing to see the Mazda program and support grow only to watch Dodge's die off. No Neon has proven to be truly competitive in ITA although many of us are now trying. Definitely not a class killer but a good fit after more developement.

Why build an EP car when an ITA car isn't competitive ? It is limited prep. afterall and the suspension limits the cars potential.
Does anyone in SCCA really think someone will build a GT-2 DOHC Neon or a GT-3 SOHC Neon at this point when even the lower entry level classed Neon's can't prove to be competitive ?

Do we really need a club where we have Miata's ( and I like Miata's a lot ) racing ( EP, FP,GTL, GT-3, GT-2, ITS, ITA, SSM, SM, T3 and SSB )in every class ? Just to name a few.

Isn't 11 classifications a bit much for one car model ????

Why not add the FP Neon classification and put the old standby TBD at the end like they did for the Subaru T2 restrictor that never happened ? They could alway's add 100lbs anytime they want in Fastrack to keep it level .

We need newer car model's classified and need to stop worrying about older car's. We are not the " Antique Sportcar Racing Club of America " afterall. This isn't vintage racing and I do have a vintage racecar.

Peter I hope you can help. Thanks