Thread: 91 CRX Si ITA Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It depends. Not more 'time on track' than SCDA (which I highly recommend) but maybe more 'quality time'.

First you need to establish your goals. If you don't mind only being able to pass in certain areas and knowing you will get frustrated a fair bit, SCDA is for you. Lots of on track time.

If you want to simulate real passing situations, a test day is what you want. LRP only does half day test days that start at 1:00pm and go until 5pm.

IMHO, the best weekend for your money would be a test day at NHMS (8+ 20min sessions for $150), then the school, then the Regional.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 02-12-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post

IMHO, the best weekend for your money would be a test day at NHMS (8+ 20min sessions for $150), then the school, then the Regional.
    Yea, you'll leave with a worn out car, LOL. But, you'll have nailed the setup by the end.

And Chris, I know Lime Rock requires you to not even drive, it's so close, but if you gang up the events like Andy suggests, it won't cost a lot, and you will have to take a day off anyway for SCDA, an LRP test, or an NHMS test.

To bad NHMS sucks, LOL. But too bad a test 4 hours at LRP is what $250? Acck. Skips going to run that place into the ground.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I have a different untested engine and clutch in the car along with a totally new suspension. I would like to stay at LRP till I get it sorted out since I can load drive and unload in less than an hour.

I would really like to make the 6 hour trip to the test day school and regional but I am not going to do it with so many unknowns about the car. I guess I will sign up for a track day in april at LRP hoping to get things sorts so I can goto the school weekend in NH.
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    I would really like to make the 6 hour trip to the test day school and regional but I am not going to do it with so many unknowns about the car..

Don't be a wuss!! And if it takes you 6 hours to get to NHMS, you must tow like my granma!!

:cool:

(you're not a rookie anymore, get ready for the trash talk!!! )
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

LOL.......guess I should leave my skirt home...
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Don't go toe to toe with 'em Rock!

Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

SIX hours! It's 3:15 for me from down on the coast in Fairfield! Of course, yea the track sucks, but hey, it IS a good deal....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
    Don't go toe to toe with 'em Rock!

I want this picture. Can you send me a high res version? Dang that splitter/spoiler is low under braking...geez.

This pass happens at 11:20 in Greg's video here:

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8402032115544622275&ei=mu-hSemcJI2grwKpwoDNCg&q=greg+amy+pro+it[/ame]

Awesome! Of course if you watch long enough, you will see me get murdered on the restart...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967