Thread: 91 CRX Si ITA Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ONLY if you use NASCAR bars. The removal of the window is NOT permitted on the passenger side unless your cage extends into that area. I can't see how John or Jeremy could have understood your question.

The rule you question in the last post is to say that 'if it doesn't say you CAN, then you CAN'T'. It says you CAN remove that window IF you excesize your option to use NASCAR bars on the passenger side.

Rule:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone else read this rule any different?</span>

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Anyone else read this rule any different?</span>

[/b]
    I&#39;m interpreting it the same as you Andy...

I can understand how a quick "glance" at the rule might lead a person to think that&#39;d it be allowable but, per my reading, it isn&#39;t.

"The door window glass, window operating mechanism, and inside door latch/lock operating mechanism may be removed and the inner door structural panel may be modified, but not removed. The stock side impact beam, if equipped, and the outside door latch/lock operating mechanism shall not be removed or modified."[/b]
    Ok, the portion above gives the guidelines for what is and is not allowable. The next line is just as or even more important.

"This gutting of the door shall only be made if roll cage incorporates NASCAR-style side protection extending into the door."[/b]
    (bold added by me)

The "this" being referred to is the entire previous section. i.e. if you don&#39;t have NASCAR bars, you can&#39;t gut the door. Really, it seems pretty simple and self explanatory to me.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear