That's the 924, not the 924S. You try racing 2.5L cars with a 2.0L - you'll need everything you can get. Though once you know how to make an underpowered car move - you'd be surprised how many 2.5L cars you can beat. My best lap time at Mid-O would have kept me from being at the back of the pack of 944Cup cars at the recent Nationals - and that's in ITB-legal trim!

But to run ITS - you'd be a fool to choose a 924S, you will be giving away track width. And there's no advantage in weight or any other way. The only place I might think a 924S might be faster than a 944 would be running a high-banked speedway, where you'd want the better, slipperier shape of the 924S.

I'd think 944S would be the way to go. Few are competitive anymore in ITS with the 944. We've been trying to get it adjusted for sometime, and it did get a weight drop, but we haven't exactly seen any 944's shoot to the front. I think it compares, line-for-line, very well against the Nissan 240SX. Too bad the latter is an ITA car!!!

But the chassis is a wonderful one to race; great brakes and handling, very forgiving till you're on the razor's edge. Great to learn in, and very safe. You just have to know or learn how to drive an underpowered car.