Update...finally.

I received a beta unit about a month ago. We took an ITS car to a Dynojet this past week. Baseline results were 166whp peak. A/F ratio was a very consistent 12.1:1 up to 7000 rpm where it dipped a full point rich through shut down at 8400. Peak power was at 7300. We played with the fuel pressure and timing to optimize, as best we could, the stock ECU configuration. Like I've noticed on these applications, we had to run very low pressure to get anywhere close to optimal a/f ratio. To the point atomization is certainly suffering. In the end with the pressure regulator as the only control we couldn't approach optimum a/f ratios.

Plugged in the modded ECU which had a stock pogram and made an initial run that pretty much duplicated what we had with the other box. What you would expect. Being a new system I spent quite a bit of time learning the interface and I didn't get as much done as I wanted to before we called it a day. We were shooting for an a/f ratio of 13.5:1. What we did manage to do was make 2 more hp at peak, 10 more hp from 5500-7000, and as much as 16 more hp from 7500-8400. The low peak results were based on the fact that I never got the a/f trimmed right in that particular area. It's entirely possible to get the fuel properly trimmed I just didn't get it done in the allotted time. I would suspect 3-5 additional hp is available by properly trimming the fuel.

Timing adjustments are a breeze. No need to twist the CAS while shooting the pulley with a light. Once you have the CAS properly set and zeroed out you can dial in seperate adjustments for leading and trailing through the software. Want 25* advance and 2* split? Dial it up.

In the end the day was a success. The ECU and interface worked flawlessly. The gains were real and repeatable. Pricing has been set at $450 + shipping. I'm waiting on word for what the production release date will be. On that I am at the mercy of the manufacturer. The ECU is current rule legal. No need to wait on a rule change. Tuning support and programs will be available but just so I am clear this is a programmable unit that will require dyno work to provide optimum results. I'll post again when I have an idea of when they'll be production ready. [/b]

Would this work on ITR BMW's?