SCCA must run different classes together, so maybe part of the issue is how do we get everyone to co-exist in a safe and sane way? I've raced Prod and GT cars for over 20 years, and I've seen some rather bizare groupings. Some actually worked out well! Why? Because drivers RESPECTED eachother, and took the time and effort to understand and work with the differences in the classes. Is it sane and safe for small bore to run with big bore? NO, as a small bore drive I'm much prefer to run with IT, SM, SRF, or just about anyone else. But then I race a car with a minimum weight of 1460# and the height of a step stool. I do feel a bit intimidated when I'm eye level with another car's lug nuts. However I have run with them, especially on practice days, and it can work IF there's mutual respect. The Prod/GT drivers are asking for respect from the IT drivers, and can't take physical contact without costly damage. Do the Prod/GT drivers give enough respect to the close racing in the IT ranks too? My rule: if you don't have anyone in front of you that you can catch, and no one is behind you, GET THE HELL OUT OF SOMEONE ELSE'S RACE. If you, and everyone around you are truely racing for positions, then learn where each has and advantage and disadvantage, and work together. In other words, let the car that corners faster go by into the turn. And the slower car needs to learn the best place to let the faster car thru out of a turn onto the straight, then draft. Everyone will go faster, everyone will have fun, and no damage needs to be done to anyone's car. OK, lecture over.