My history isnt all that exciting...
No karting experience from a very young age.

First motorsports experience was in motocross at age 13, which I did for a few years.

My father was into mostly british cars, and very involved in spectating with car racing...but only competed in a few autocrosses in college.

At 16 I started autocrossing with my dad's mini's, a right hand drive 1275 cooper S, among others.

Did this for a couple of years...won the Fl region champ in ES with an Isuzu I-mark RS...

Raced my volkswagen super beetle for a year or so, but never won much with it. Drove it for eight years though...so I grew up driving with oversteer.
I used to go to the local tracks (moroso, sebring, homestead) and watch and mingle in the paddock. I would talk to people, learn, and dream about someday making it out on track. I just couldnt afford to do it.
College and no money got in the way, even though all thru college all I wanted to do was go IT racing...This was back when it was just getting started.

I used to sit in class and write out a budget for getting my volks super beetle out on track in IT...I knew it wouldnt be competitive, but was all I could afford.

In the late nineties I got into road racing motorcycles with the CCS, mostly tracks in florida and GA.

Wasnt very fast... <_< Of course I was on a 1991 Yam FZR in the middleweight class with R6&#39;s, GSXR600&#39;s, etc.. I&#39;m already a big guy, so being 25 HP in the hole didnt help

Did a couple of track days with my old first gen MR2 back in the late nineties...but these were fun days with an instructor sitting next to you. I always did really well. My instructor&#39;s, in fact, would usually just say I already knew what I was doing and we would talk about work, the weather, life, etc...

The thing is, I always kind of knew I could do well in this sport...I just never really had the money to do it.

Last year I started in ITB with a car I built myself.....Meaning, it has a lot to go so far as set-up, as I am no race car master mechanic. Junkyard motor and all, but at least I&#39;m on the track! It was sitting in my dad&#39;s backyard with a blown motor and he offered it to me for free...
(Of course, now that I know better, I would have bought a built car and saved some money!)

Havent raced yet this year for various reasons...
First time back will be VIR in oct., and then the ARRC....

Give me another year or so...(and some more HP) and you ITB guys will have to start checking your mirrors...

The point I guess, is that money has a lot to do with whether or not a lot of people get into this sport.