Thread: Engine mods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nothing personal, but you Steve are the typical person who likes to to think he has a grip on everything but don't want to acknowledge written rules.

I ask you where is the rule that specs that any oil pump or any spring may be used (If you can't identify a rule then there must be no rule.) & you don't answer the question about the rule, you stary the thread by talking about valves. Within this thread conversation about modifications to an ITS rotary motor in comes the written rules which make the modifications legal or illegal.

***Do you think there is a specific rule to allow valve adjustment?***

Your darn correct there is a rule about adjusting valves. (Don't blame me for straying the thread.) If the rule ain't writte under .D. Authorized Modifications ya set the valves to the factory workshop manual specifications.

ps: Chris Wire, sorry for messing with your thread but this free lance stuff IMHJ needs to go.

Nothing personal, but you Steve are the typical person who likes to to think he has a grip on everything but don't want to acknowledge written rules.

I ask you where is the rule that specs that any oil pump or any spring may be used (If you can't identify a rule then there must be no rule.) & you don't answer the question about the rule, you stary the thread by talking about valves. Within this thread conversation about modifications to an ITS rotary motor in comes the written rules which make the modifications legal or illegal.

***Do you think there is a specific rule to allow valve adjustment?***

Your darn correct there is a rule about adjusting valves. (Don't blame me for straying the thread.) If the rule ain't writte under .D. Authorized Modifications ya set the valves to the factory workshop manual specifications.
    ps: Chris Wire, sorry for messing with your thread but this free lance stuff IMHJ needs to go.
    [/b]
    I can live with that assumption. So by your interpretation I can adjust my oil pressure to 78 PSI @ 3000 rpm like my FSM says I can--right? Mine is right on the money so yes, I think I am Legal. I never said anything about different pumps being legal--just pressure.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)