Greetings Fellow Survivors.
What can one possibly say about the Double? First off, thank God no one was seriously hurt when the SPU Mercedes was apparently bumped off at turn in of 7 (the left hander in the carousel), went through the tire barrier, was launched through the fence, sideswiped a parked car, slid up the hill and impacted the grandstand! Hats off to the emergency people who were there in a flash checking everyone out. It was a terrible thing to witness but a miracle no one was seriously injured. Glad to see Bob was OK after a trip to the hospital.
Thanks to Charlie Broring for coming over to apologize for unintentionally turning me around at the M7 start in turn one. Having reviewed the Not So Entertaining Video, I was a little indecisive about where to go as I got to turn 1, and Charlie was being pushed from behind. I had kidded around with Matthew Yip about starting at the rear, but I was just kidding! It's not so funny watching 20 something cars roaring through your tire smoke as you sit patiently in the grass. Thanks to the guys who gave me a little room trying to work my way back up. Now Greg, I just don't know about you... We'll talk.
M8 was less dramatic for me. What the hell was that big orange thing in my mirrors and then pulling away from me? The General Li? Good drag race with Matthew Rowe at the end too. One more lap I think you would have had me! Was it just me or did anyone see them towing the red MR2 through the carousel??? I had to pass them on the right at turn 7 with a couple guys breathing down my neck!
A special thanks to OG Racing for sponsoring the Double and feeding so many hungry and thirsty people. I don't care what Matthew Yip says, OG Racing is the best!