I also wanted to thank OG for sponsoring this weekend. Nice job guys.

And I echo AJ's sentiments on the incident in group 3's race. I was sitting in the grandstands outside of T8-9 and I have to tell you I held my breath the whole time the Mercedes was flying across that field and up toward the grandstands. I can only say it was just short of a miracle noone was seriously hurt. I don't know who the photog was down there just behind the tires but he should get a raise after that one. At the very least he should be getting combat pay.

Unfortunately, a number of unavoidable events conspired to prevent me from having the car back together in time for Saturday's qualifying, and so I had to go to the back of the line for both races. It was a bit of a bummer not being up there racing with the usual suspects (particularly that little orange vee-dub), but on the other hand I have to say it was kind of nice actually getting to pass people on the first lap instead of being the one getting passed! Check out the video from lap one, not quite "Amy at the Glen", but tell me this wouldn't boost anyone's confidence: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...469573179&hl=en

Anyway, we're about down to the end - one last chance to get it right. I hope to see everyone back for M9.

Oh, and James, I really wasn't trying to hit you, just wanted to scare you a little