Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAL weekend updates

wow I did not notice till now that Masters won... is that his first win???

If so that is awsome, I remember the old capri!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Raymond, I believe you are right about that being Master's first win.....but I also heard that he was called to see the Stewards in the Tech shed after the final resuts were posted. Do you know what that was about? I heard it from T & S when I was there so I know the finals were posted. Also, we were not told to hold the ITB/S results. Kathy is the one who called him to Tech. Just curious. Could have been something to do with RAL contributions also....just wondering.

Jim DID say he "freshened" up things. I guess to heck. Like fine tuning his skis....he knows how to put the edge on.....and with his crazy "no fear" approach to racing.....yikes.....
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

Not to simplify their accomplishment but the winner in ITA was a SM. Daniels runs a SM as well. It was a VERY wet race and the top ITA cars were on slicks. An anomoly as far as results. Brandon got punted on lap 2 so it's hard to analize the results...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Raymond, I believe you are right about that being Master's first win.....but I also heard that he was called to see the Stewards in the Tech shed after the final resuts were posted. Do you know what that was about? I heard it from T & S when I was there so I know the finals were posted. Also, we were not told to hold the ITB/S results. Kathy is the one who called him to Tech. Just curious. Could have been something to do with RAL contributions also....just wondering.
    [/b]
    I was not at the track for about 2 hours during the day as I had obligations away from the track, so no I know absolutely nothing at all, first I herd of anything. however just to let you and everyone else know if I had known about something it is out of line to ask me or any official about it . Something called confidentiality (yeah It may be spelt wrong ).

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Gotcha......understand completely.....actually didn't realize that after all these years. Learn something new everyday. Who says you can't teach an old horse to lie down? (had to modify that cliche)

Not to simplify their accomplishment but the winner in ITA was a SM. Daniels runs a SM as well. It was a VERY wet race and the top ITA cars were on slicks. An anomoly as far as results. Brandon got punted on lap 2 so it's hard to analize the results...
    [/b]
    Punted??? Second reference to that....

And Richy is getting better in the rain...at least he will now go out in it...but the Tegs DO have a less forgiving wet setup under them than the Miatas, I'd bet.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

About the ITA race; Hunter was like much of the ITA field... caught in the rain with slicks. Kudos to the guys who drove around the entire race on slicks.

As for Paul Masters, it was far from his first win. He drives an old Firehawk series CRX and was probably on rain tires (I am not sure). He was quite dominant in the late 90&#39;s when he made alot more races. I know that he won the NERRC one year. I remember because and he and I battled quite a bit (I got stuck with 2nd place in the NERRC). <_< (I am being nostalgic again....) I am sure he was quite excited to be back up front.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

You got me there.....I thought Paul had taken the hiatus when I wasn&#39;t around. I thought his brother John was racing the car in the late 90&#39;s. You got me on that one. I know he mentioned he had never won in IT trim when he was racing with the Elder Ray. Maybe that&#39;s where I got that idea. He was talking to me Sunday about the old Firehawk days when he wouldn&#39;t take chances if he didn&#39;t have the money to back those chances. He&#39;s too funny when he talks about those days. We had a great time being nostalgic on Sunday.

About the ITA race; Hunter was like much of the ITA field... caught in the rain with slicks. Kudos to the guys who drove around the entire race on slicks.
    [/b]
    Fun race...my first in ITA. I was driving an SSM-spec Miata on shaved Toyo RA-1s...it sure was slick out there.

Matt Daniels

Matt Daniels
    NER #12 SSM

Daniels took the victory lap but I was told Masters in the green crx actually won. he quailfied at the back but may have been the only ITA car to get rains and start from pit lane. He was almost penalized for hitting a car he was laping but which would have lost him the win, but in the end there was no penalty.

dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Fun race...my first in ITA. I was driving an SSM-spec Miata on shaved Toyo RA-1s...it sure was slick out there.

Matt Daniels

[/b]
    On shaved Toyos - that could be the drive of the race! Nice Job Matt!

Andy Bettencourt

It was a Sunday of mixed emotion for BBR. Sean and Brett both ran very well (finished 5th and 4th respectively), but we had to say good bye to the #16 chassis after 5 years, just as it was coming into form. Brandon, while leading on lap 2, took a bump from behind going into the oval which sent him up into the wall. After bouncing off the wall, he was again hit, and the other side hit the wall as well. He ended up facing the wrong way at the top of the oval. No injuries which is good, but all 4 corners we taken out in the wreck and the chassis is done. It was an unfortunate occurance, but no real hard feelings at this point regarding the incident. In the usual BBR fashion, we still have every intention of making it to the run offs with the second coming of the #16. Plans for the new build are already under way and we are in search of a chassis as we speak. 50 days or bust. Watch the BB Racing website, www.bbracingusa.com, for a chronical of the build. Anyone have a 240sx chassis lying around????

Greg
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Daniels took the victory lap but I was told Masters in the green crx actually won. he quailfied at the back but may have been the only ITA car to get rains and start from pit lane.
    [/b]
    True enough - I didn&#39;t see any other cars ahead of me in impound when I rolled up into hot pits after the checker flew, so I (incredulously) took the victory lap. I was wondering if he had run rains or not, after I saw the posted provisional result. Like I said, I didn&#39;t see him in impound, and he didn&#39;t get weighed. But enough about that!

It was fun racing with you guys - sorry to hear about the BB Racing misfortune.

Matt
    Matt Daniels
    NER #12 SSM

As usual, NER T&S is on the ball!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=161039

Andy Bettencourt

On shaved Toyos - that could be the drive of the race! Nice Job Matt!
    [/b]
    Hey, thanks, Andy! Where were you guys? I must say, I wasn&#39;t exactly broken hearted to not see that pretty Montego car on the grid!!!

Matt
    Matt Daniels
    NER #12 SSM

Hey, thanks, Andy! Where were you guys? I must say, I wasn&#39;t exactly broken hearted to not see that pretty Montego car on the grid!!!

Matt
    [/b]
    These factors conspired to keep us away:

1. 6 hour enduro is too much for us

2. NERRC only race Sunday

3. Nick off to SLC for the GAC race at Miller

4. My wife&#39;s birthday dinner (because I was at LRP for her REAL b-day)

5. Only 1 week after LRP and 2 weeks before Cheap Date (read: budget)

I did come up with my two boys to see the ITA race and give Kristina some time to herself so I saw you stealing the checkered!

Andy Bettencourt

As usual, NER T&S is on the ball!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=161039
    [/b]
    To bad all regions don&#39;t fully use the system! we as racers are required to buy and maintain the transponder so turn about is fair play. Enjoyed our outing this weekend 1st time at the track with the 2nd gen. so a learning curve applied when out in qualify had a noise in front end so started to check out and the steel brake line snapped by caliper well its Sunday. check with 3 or 4 teams but no luck so I headed off to Concord and located VIP auto parts. A little advice DO NOT take a Sunday Service manager&#39;s job at VIP not enough help customers mad not fun. I wasn&#39;t sure how I would get the line I was about ready to jump the counter (ok/ok climb over the counter) when a young chap came out of the shadows and secured the proper line and back to the track I went. Line installed and off to the wet race (Hmmm it rained the last time we made the trek). Grid workers warned us the the track had been thoroughly oil by a car in group 6. The trail came directly in to impound I pointed it out to one of the tech people not sure if they had time to track down car not that it would make any difference at that point. We ended up 4th in ITS which we where pleased with. Now some other observations How come fuel is so cheapin New England??? every time I went by the Shell Station the price of Diesel dropped ended up Filling up at 2.92 per gal, Mass pike was 3.03 still alot better than 3.14-3.18 per. Also when We left Monday we Noticed apparently CAR POOL is not used I swear the only vehicles with more than 1 person were the Long haul Trucks with team drivers It was interesting going with the traffic flow at 75 MPh pulling the trailer the old Turbo was just a whistling 8hrs 20 minutes 1002.7 miles total for the trip. Registration was quick got our photo license done and only had 3 people pick on me about my PA accent . We did our part for RAL with team donation and I loaded up on the Raffle tickets to avail . We had fun and I really think that&#39;s what its about!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

It was a Sunday of mixed emotion for BBR. Sean and Brett both ran very well (finished 5th and 4th respectively), but we had to say good bye to the #16 chassis after 5 years, just as it was coming into form. Brandon, while leading on lap 2, took a bump from behind going into the oval which sent him up into the wall. After bouncing off the wall, he was again hit, and the other side hit the wall as well. He ended up facing the wrong way at the top of the oval. No injuries which is good, but all 4 corners we taken out in the wreck and the chassis is done. It was an unfortunate occurance, but no real hard feelings at this point regarding the incident. In the usual BBR fashion, we still have every intention of making it to the run offs with the second coming of the #16. Plans for the new build are already under way and we are in search of a chassis as we speak. 50 days or bust. Watch the BB Racing website, www.bbracingusa.com, for a chronical of the build. Anyone have a 240sx chassis lying around????

Greg
    [/b]
    check with Mark Goodale at Millis used auto, I saw a 240 chassis out back a month ago.

brian
    Brian Mushnick
    88 VW Golf 16v ITA (deceased)
    92 Golf GTI 1.8l H Prod
    [email protected]

thanks for the lead. Do you know the phone number or where they are located?
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

1-800-287-4110 Mark Goodale

Mark is a good guy and will help find a chassis

Phil
    88 ITA/SSM