In a rare moment of time, I agree with Andy. Of course, I've been sick for quite a while, so it may be the medication. But his groupings make some sense.

I fully understand the need to get as many entry fees as possible. But, it has always been my understanding that Atlanta Region took over an "IT championship" when the SCCA national office dropped the program after the '93 IT Festival. Since then, it has included a Corvette challenge, an ARCA challenge, Fast Plastic, and Winged Things. Now we cater to almost any Miata that replaces the IT with an S. The ARRC has morphed from IT to just anything regional that used to be legal in the GCR. What's next...AP, CM, Shelby Can Am?

I'll admit that the incredibly small groups of open wheeled and sports racers do serve to clear the pallet for the majority of entrants and spectators. However, when we start combining groups from the majority of entrants to accomodate smaller groups of "special" cars, don't we "cut off our nose to spite our face"? Now, there's another special interest group added to the mix in the form a SM.

I'm wondering how the region is going to prevent entrants to the Runoffs from entering the ARRC. If I owned more than one SM (as do many), could I run one at Topeka and the other at Atlanta. If I wasn't the entrant, but only the driver, could I enter the ARRC? or vice-versa? Cheese Louise, registration will be so much fun.

I noticed that the numbers from each of the IT races were used to develop the groups, but no numbers were given for the opened wheel and sports racer groups. If more time is needed to run the proper class IT championship, why do we run a group (in two races) that has such a small subscription?

Those of us in ITB and ITC understand the need to combine our groups as they aren't that well subscribed. Most of us don't like it, but we understand it. All we ask for is a split start to eliminate the fiasco of last year when so many cars were taken out on the first lap. I've been promised that we will get that this year.
But to put the two largest IT classes together in the interest of expediting the event to accomodate some more specialized entries isn't the smartest thing I've heard. I mean no offense to those who make out the schedule. They do the best with what they have to work with.

Can't we return this to a true IT championship instead of diluting it to just another regional weekend? I like running Road Atlanta, but a true IT championship at Mid Ohio sounds pretty cool, too.