Thread: ARRC Schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why not just take the 2005 groupings add SSM to ITS? Here is why I think it works:

- SSM is bound to be small enough as to not overfill the RG

- SSM/SM's have high cornering speeds and won't hold up ITS cars

- ITS cars should be able to power by on the straights

- The speed differential coupled with the split start should keep clean racing for a long while.

The bottom line is that SOMEBODYS class has to be the slowest of a run-group and the top cars of that class will always tangle with the back-side of the 'faster' class...the PTB need to cater to the premier classes (what the definition of that is up for discussion and may be Region specific) in this respect.

AB
    [/b]
    Andy your thoughts seem to make sence to me... but

What I don't understand is why SSM and SM can't run together? They are basically the same car, right? I still don't even understand why we have the 2 classes in the first place. It makes no sence to me that we have 4 "IT" classes for a bazion different makes/models and we have 2 miata classes not including the IT classes that a miata already fits into. Thats another story altogether though, but I still FIRMLY believe that SM and SSM should be grouped together.

as for the "bottom line" I agree but the issue comes up having cars on the track that don't mix well such as ITS and ITB. Major speed difference on the streight and then in the corners the ITB cars eat up the less driven ITS cars. its like ITS and AS together... Not so great IMO.

IMO the premier classes are ALL of the regional only classes, and no class should get a "better" rank just because it has more entries or more interest on the internet. Some of the best races in general that I have seen are ITC with only 4 cars in the group all battling for the lead. I also have to say I love the ITT class... way cool to see those trucks runnng around!!!

Raymond

I can see this will get ugly, no matter what happens. Name one slower class that wants to run with a faster one? The problem I read above is that ITB doesn't want to run with ITS because they're too much faster (and too slower); the ITA guys don't want to run with ITS because the times are too close (or not close enough.)

Face it: no one will get their own run group, especially the slower ITB and ITC classes. There's just too many cars that have to fit into a tight time budget. So, with that said, which faster group DO you want to run with?

For the record: I firmly believe that putting ITS and ITA together is a terrible idea, for all the reasons stated above. However, I also realize that by doing so you will be handing me a SIGNIFICANT competitive advantage, one that I will use to my extreme advantage...And THAT, my friends, really sucks on multiple levels.

I do not want to win a race because someone else got held up, but I'll do it without a bit of remorse.

GA
    [/b]
    Greg-

I firmly believe that if classes have to be combined it should be ITA/ITS and ITB/ITC with split starts. equal lap time cars wont catch each other or hold each other up in this case, and the leaders in both groupes should get a full race in without being lapped.

If need be put SSM & SM with ITB and ITC just don't put ITB with ITS or ITA!!!

Raymond

PS: Greg how is it possible that running with ITS will give you an advantage? That doesn't make sence with me...
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

PS: Greg how is it possible that running with ITS will give you an advantage? That doesn't make sence with me...[/b]
    In the world of ITA cars, Greg is king when it comes to power and torque. So for example, if the lead pack in ITA gets held up through 6 and 7, Greg will be first into 10a.

Raymond - remember that I also use to race ITC for three years, and still do on occasion. So I know what its like to be the slowest class on the track, everytime I raced. With that in mind, I can honestly say that my issue is not "that ITA drivers whome want to win the overall race might not look like such a star". I've raced in ITB/ITC groups and they work relatively well. I've also raced in ITA/ITS groups and they don't.

Butch - thank you for listening to our issues. I personally will be running in ITA and have no problem racing with IT7. But that being said, I can understand the ITB drivers not wanting to race with ITS. But either way, I don't think the problem is in what classes to group together, but as to why we're having to group these classes together. Are there more regional only classes that we need to squeeze into our regional only classes championship weekend? No, in fact there's less. So where's the issue? The issue is in the "other commitments". I guess I just don't understand why everyone in ITC, ITB, ITA, and ITS needs to compromise their championship races so that other classes can just have more, none championship events, to run in. That just doesn't sound fair to me.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX