Greg how is it possible that running with ITS will give you an advantage? That doesn't make sence with me...[/b]

...we now stratagize our race based on using...ITS drivers as picks.[/b]
That's why. Our class is balanced on a razor's edge, with cars like the Miata and CRX having the advantage in the corners and cars like the NX and Integra having the advantage on the straights. Versus the Integra my NX has superior torque with the Integra having a better suspension, thus needing to keep their speed up through the corners. If you toss in a lot of similar-speed top-10 ITS traffic that is very fast on the straights but balks the leading ITA cars in the corners (I finished 12th in ITS in 2003 and I'm much faster now) it becomes a competition of who has the most grunt out of the corners; all of these other cars are toast.

Having your races decided by cars not within your class is not racing. If you think that's the case, then why have four IT classes; let's lump everybody into one pot and call it simply "Improved Touring"! If I were in ITB I would MUCH rather run with the ITS guys so the speed disparity is more significant and conflicts are minimized; for the same reasons if I were in ITC I'd much rather run with ITA. Screw the loss of a lap, that's a much lower price to pay.

And, I see no value in being able to tell folks that I raced and beat 3/4 of the ITS cars in an ITA car, and I really don't give a rats rass about not crossing the checkered first...except in class. - GA