Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARRC Travel, Parking

This is an initial call for all NorthEast folks heading out Road Atlanta in november for the annual ARRC bash. As before, we'd like to get a headcount of who's going and what you're driving, so that we can present that information in advance to the ARRC organizers. They will work to get us all paddocked together in one common area.

So, if you're planning on going - even if you only THINK you might be going - post here the following information:

Name
    Car type and class
    Tow vehicle make and model
    Trailer make, model, and size - Note all open trailers will have to be stowed away from the paddock "down the hill."

One side issue of importance is the travel costs. Several of us are trying to figure out how we can consolidate travel plans in order to reduce costs. With fuel prices the way they are anything we can do to reduce costs is appreciated. There is really no reason why we have to each have our own tow vehicles and trailers if we can work together.

For example, do you have a truck capable of pulling more than a single-car trailer? Do you have access to a multi-car trailer, open or closed? If the former, would you be interested in pulling a multi-car trailer? If the latter, are you willing to let someone borrow it? And finally, for getting down there I have a 15-passenger van; ask Dave and Melissa Gran how fun that trip was last year versus driving all by yourself...

I volunteer to be the central depository for all this info, and I can coordinate any kind of ride-sharing. If you have specific question feel free to post here, or feel free to email (grega -at- pobox -dot- com) or PM me directly.

It's never too early to start preparing.

Greg

First entry

Greg Amy
    ITA Nissan NX2000
    Ford E-350 van (V10)
    Enclosed 24' Haulmark trailer

Definitely interested in sharing travel costs with someone else. The optimal setup for me would be to place my car and/or equipment on someone else's trailer and driving down the party van with bodies only.

What would it cost to contract with a car carrier? Rather offbeat idea, I know, but the NE contingent is so large you guys could probably fill one up.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Names: Raymond & Stephen Blethen
    Cars: 2 - ITB Audi Coupes
    Tow Vehicle: Ford F-350 Dually
    Trailler: 46' 2 car enclosed trailer with a 15' X 30' canopy - No generator, would love a power hookup!!!

Our trailer won't fit anymore cars, however our canopy area, tools, expertice and what not certainly can be shared with someone else, probably makes the most sence if it is a VW/Audi or similar as "some" parts are interchangable. We would love to park with all the other crazy Northeastern Red Sox fans!!!

We should have the "big screen" (8 feet across) theatre set up inside the trailer, so be sure to bring your best video's!!!

Raymond Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I'm going down.

ITS Porsche 944
    Ford F350 Crew Cab
    Pace 24' enclosed trailer with 14 x 24 canopy

Looking forward to having a great time!

Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944

I've been recruted

You know my name :P
    You know my car
    You know my truck
    12x20 canopy if i'm not to lazy to set it up
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Yup, don't know how Greg suckered me into it........... Good experience for next year when the car (and driver) are running good!!

You know my stats............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

still on the fence but, can anyone bring my car down? ITA Integra
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

still on the fence but, can anyone bring my car down? ITA Integra
    [/b]

Just keep the ITB car at home

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

leave the little bugger alone, you bully!
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

As a follow up to Greg&#39;s post. Does anyone have a two car (or more) trailer and tow vehicle we could "borrow" ?? We promise to be nice to it!! <insert "begging" smilie here>

It looks like the trucking companies want an arm and a leg for transporting.........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

If the ITS car stays together... we may be coming down with the Corrado from Pittsburgh.
    24&#39; Haulmark, E350 SuperVan w/cap ! Hey it&#39;s ugly but I can stand up in it :P
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

What did you have installed a 3 foot high top on the van?
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Dan Jones

ITS BMW 325 w/SIR

2500 HD Ext. Cab Silverado PU

24&#39; Haulmark enclosed

Planning on being there:

Jinx Jordan

ITC Honda CRX #39

Suburban

Open trailer to the hole!

If anyone wants to land a spot on a Hauler contact me. I will guess that the rate will be around $600 per car. Leaving out of Thurmont, MD 21788

All the gear you can fit in the car less the drivers seat, gotta be able to drive it

If I get enough responce I will contract a rig, it will have to be full so deposits will be required

chriswindsor(at)windsorcustoms(dot)com
    Chris Windsor
    &#39;06 ARRC SSM Champion
    &#39;06 Spec Champion
    Builds to rentals
    windsorcustoms.com

Just a bump, looking for anyone else planning on going. I&#39;ll be compiling a list to send to the ARRC Parkers, so let me know even if you&#39;re thinking of going... - GA

Greg - I am a weak maybe. Dodge Ram Crew Cab Short bed and 28&#39; Enclosed (34&#39; nose to tail). Honestly I am doubtfully hopeful.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Tim is that the truck you usually tow your trailer with? I thought I saw you drive by me like I was standing still with a diesel? The short bed I would think would really wander with a trailer that big.
    Jeremy Billiel

Tim is that the truck you usually tow your trailer with? I thought I say you drive by me like I was standing still with a diesel? The short bed I would think would really wander with a trailer that big.
    [/b]
    Jeremy - I have an 03 Hemi (a very thristy girl). She pulls pretty well, works a little too hard on the hills - I would prefer a diesel. Dodge has a new crew cab, shortbed, dually, diesel that looks awesome. I need the shortbed for snow plowing - the longbed is too hard in tight spots. I have the weight distibution in the trailer fairly well spread out and there is little wander. I have a reputation of being a fast puller. Ask Anthony S, and Ken Schielke about some of our rides home. I frequentlly need to be reminded that the race is over during the tow.

Tim is that the truck you usually tow your trailer with? I thought I say you drive by me like I was standing still with a diesel? The short bed I would think would really wander with a trailer that big.
    [/b]
    Jeremy - I have an 03 Hemi (a very thristy girl). She pulls pretty well, works a little too hard on the hills - I would prefer a diesel. Dodge has a new crew cab, shortbed, dually, diesel that looks awesome. I need the shortbed for snow plowing - the longbed is too hard in tight spots. I have the weight distibution in the trailer fairly well spread out and there is little wander. I have a reputation of being a fast puller. Ask Anthony S, and Ken Schielke about some of our rides home. I frequentlly need to be reminded that the race is over during the tow.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Just another bump. I&#39;ve submitted everyone listed above; if there&#39;s anyone else, speak up!

Everyone that is listed above, would you please send to me your contact info, including email address and cellphone numbers? Since I&#39;m coordinating the parking within our area I&#39;ll need to be in contact with you in case your/our plans change. Please also indicate to me if you&#39;d prefer to not have this info released to others within this group; I plan to create a small e-mailing list to coordinate the next weeks.

Ray, your name is missing...

One item of note: there are a LOT of enclosed trailers this year. In years past we&#39;ve been able to create an open "corral" or "green" where we&#39;re in a common area; going by the listings here that may be impossible. the most likely scenario is to put two enclosed trailers face-to-face, where the side doors open facing the other one; that way we can put trailers very close back-to-back and maximize space. If you have a preference as to whom you&#39;d like to face, please let me know. Alternatively, if you have an open trailer (which will have to go downstairs into the trees) ans you have someone with an enclosed you&#39;d prefer to be near, please let me know.

Greg Amy
    grega -at- pobox -dot- com