I only recently found out that the regional/6hr enduro normally held at Texas World Speedway was being moved to Motor Sports Ranch, south of Houston. The reason given was that TWS had priced themselves out of the market.

I don't pretend to know the P/L statement of Houston region (the hosts or the event). But did anyone factor in the safety of the facilities? I've raced on MSRH and I thought it was a first class course with the makings of a great facility. BUT...their are some suspect areas that could prove hazardous to participants.

Normally, this event sees 40 to 60 entrants...many new to the vehicle they are racing. The front straight is okay for a small group, but, in the event of a large turnout, the green flag could be dropped on the front of the field while the back several rows are still in the final two turns, but well within sight of the flag stand. That could lead to a mess.
But the real hazard would be in the pits. They are extremely narrow with an even narrower entrance. As it is, we frequently share pits at TWS and that pit area is huge. There were several near misses during the two days I was on track, and that was with only cars and one or two people in the fast pit area. If you add to that driver changes (which would be on the traffic side), refueling, tire changes, super crowded conditions, etc. and I will guarantee someone will get hurt...badly.
Add to that a full course yellow or a black flag all. The pits, the pit entrance, and the final two turns on the track will fill up with cars. It will look like afternoon rush hour at a toll booth on the beltway...on a Friday.

I hope that the safety stewards involved will take a good look at the logistics of the event. As much as I enjoy it and look forward to it every year, I'd rather see it cancelled than to take that big of a gamble for someone to get hurt...or worse.