Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LRP Updates

Biggest Props - Bettencourt - can you believe the margin of victory??? Made all who know him proud. A great competitor and advocate for the sport. He's been looking for that checker and I believe that was the first win in ITA??? 1:02 - damn. You are EMBARASSING the ITS guys!!!!
    [/b]
    Andy did drape a checkered flag on the hood of his Miata at NHIS - Pig Roast on Sunday, after recovering from a blown headgasket repair from saturday qualifyng - making this his second victory of '06. Just another Bettencourt cheerleader keeping the record straight. Congrats again Andy!

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Thanks Tim! As we know, Greg wasn't at that NHIS weekend so we all need to bring out the guns for Cheap date. I am hoping that we can get a nice race going there is the BB Boys get their 240SX's up and running well, you show, Richie, Jeff, etc...all trying to kill the Giant!
    (Edit to add Lawton!!!!)
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The ITS race this weekend for me was one of the best races this year. Both the BMW drivers were great at finding the grip in the first few laps when the track was very slippery and unpredictable. I dont know how you did it but great job! The star of the race for me was Eric King. He did a wounderfull job, first of all saving the car after the spin on the down hill, then gaining back all that lost time to catch Steve and I . The race that then followed between the three of us was intence but ultimatley Eric wone out with some brave driving and a good read on the slower traffic giving him a cushion of a lead over me at the end. It was great racing with two drivers who have the experience to race hard and be safe also. Can't wait to do it again at NHIS.

Played fine for me...(Mozilla Firefox)...looked like a start I'd live with!!!!!!!!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

(Edit to add Lawton!!!!)
    [/b]
    That's AWSOMWE LAWTON to you kind sir.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

OK OK…. that’s enough of the Bettencourt bandwagon!!!!!!! If I recall correctly he WON the first ITS race that he ever entered!!!! So I guess we should really be asking him what the hell took so long with this car.

See you this weekend

Matt Bal

The star of the race for me was Eric King. He did a wounderfull job, first of all saving the car after the spin on the down hill, then gaining back all that lost time to catch Steve and I . The race that then followed between the three of us was intence but ultimatley Eric wone out with some brave driving and a good read on the slower traffic giving him a cushion of a lead over me at the end. It was great racing with two drivers who have the experience to race hard and be safe also. Can't wait to do it again at NHIS.
    [/b]
    Eric drove a fine race indeed (Derek Daly voice: "Ooh, King makes a very brave move in West Bend!" ), and I'm looking forward to Cheap Date at NHIS ...

... especially as I am counting down the remainder of the season because I'm selling the green 05. Look for an ad in Classifieds soon.

I will be driving in ... in ... Spec Miata next year. <Duck flying tomatoes.> But wait, it&#39;s not as evil as it seems. My plan is to do SM for a season while ITR shakes out, then build a killer ITR ride for 2008.

As I say, the ad will be out soon listing all the goodies on the 05. In the meantime, if you know anybody looking for a seriously fast ITS Mazda, send &#39;em my way!

Steve U
    [email protected]

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

I will be driving in ... in ... Spec Miata next year. <Duck flying tomatoes.> [email protected]
    [/b]
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo. He&#39;s gone to the dark side!!!

As long as you&#39;re not taking the Miata to ITA. We already have one PIA Miata!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I vote we convert all of our rental SM&#39;s to ITA. REAL ITA.

There should be 20 Miata&#39;s for every Saturn and NX2000.

AB

Andy Bettencourt

You&#39;d need &#39;em, in order to rack up enough total wins to look good...even rabbits end up generating enough success for survival of the species despite being constantly eaten by coyotes...

"Flatout Motorsports wins races in &#39;07!"

looking at andy&#39;s times, i think he could have won the ITS race. i lost count of how many 102&#39;s he ran.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

looking at andy&#39;s times, i think he could have won the ITS race. i lost count of how many 102&#39;s he ran. [/b]

And Greg is right...I will just sit back and chase...

Andy Bettencourt