Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e350 shuttle bus

what kind of mpg should i look for on a ford turbo diesel pushing a 15 passenger shuttle bus?

my results
    North of NYC to watkins glen 200 miles
    lightly loaded,1800lb car on open trl 70mph-12.9mph

NY to FL 1265 miles
    moving-loaded floor to ceiling,front to back,1800lb car on open trl
    67mph-11.4
    69mph-11.1
    74mph with both a/c 10.2
    78mph with both a/c 9.7
    the first two tanks included sitting in traffic for about a half hour each so they might be a bit higher
    jerry
    jerry monaghan

thanks jerry and everyone for the input.

found a local bus, should be going to look at in the next few days.

thanks jerry and everyone for the input.

found a local bus, should be going to look at in the next few days.
    [/b]
    well it sold to someone else - the guy had a downpayment but the seller wouldnt return calls/pay it off so i wen to look today. the other guy showed up with rest of payment while i was there

Opportunity?[/b]
    Just some heads-up:

On that first one: nicely equipped, but Ford did not have a turbo-diesel in 1991, let alone the later Powerstroke version. Unless someone put an aftermarket turbo kit on it (and that engine takes to those very well) it's probably a 185hp/360tq non-turbo 7.3L, not suitable for pulling much more than an open trailer.

On the second one: Ford did not install the Powerstroke in the E-chassis until 1996, thus it's likely a non-Powerstroke turbocharged Navistar 7.3L, with 190/395 hp/tq ('96 PS was 215/425). Still a good engine, and responds well to mods, easily increased to better-than-PS power levels. Personally, I think it's a plus to have the good ole tried-and-true mechanical injection pump without all the Powerstroke electronics... - GA

Wholly crap... the second one is D-52!!! I used to drive that bus when I went to UNH. Trust me, unless you want the gift of having a "bus" that my brother and I once drove on campus you don't want that or any vehicle that comes form the UNH property!!!

The students are very tough on the vehicles, the managment doesn't do much to prevent it (lets just say 90% of the people driving the morning after thursty thursdays every week shouldn't be), and the maintenance department sucks. My comments go for all vehicles from the little "handi-van" shown to the full size coaches with dual rear wheels used for the sports teams.

Raymond "been thier done mare than that with that bus... " Blethen

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

If anyone out there aquires one of these buses that has a wheelchair lift that they don't want I would be interested in it.
    thanks
    jerry
    jerry monaghan

Try http://www.govdeals.com select the category 'busses, transit & school' ...

anyone know if i pick up a bus with 19 seats, remove a bunch of them will i still need to get a CDL?