Thread: e350 shuttle bus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jon, I'd be VERY interested in more info on these auctions. I'd really like to buy one the the Hartford city transit shuttles (all diesels); right size, right equipment. What kind of shape are they typically in?

Sstecker, one more thing: you may have to build a structure in the back of the shuttle to attach a ClassIII/IV hitch to; many of these things do not have the extended rear frame. Further, it's possibly but unlikely they have the "tow package" installed, thus you'll need to fabricate and run your own wiring harness. - Greg

Jon, I'd be VERY interested in more info on these auctions. I'd really like to buy one the the Hartford city transit shuttles (all diesels); right size, right equipment. What kind of shape are they typically in?

Sstecker, one more thing: you may have to build a structure in the back of the shuttle to attach a ClassIII/IV hitch to; many of these things do not have the extended rear frame. Further, it's possibly but unlikely they have the "tow package" installed, thus you'll need to fabricate and run your own wiring harness. - Greg
    [/b]

glad to see im not alone. i started pricing out a roof top ac, fresh/black water holding tanks. only issue is making it nice enough that the GF will stay in it

yeah i figured they wouldnt have an off the shelf tow package. i havent had a chance to look under one but the distance from rear wheels to rear bumper was one concern. trailer getting cantilevered out there.

you thinking of going grease powered?

you thinking of going grease powered?
    [/b]
    I used to do that in my '93 diesel, but it's a lot of work. It's one thing to filter and decanter 10 gallons every two weeks for a Rabbit diesel; it's a whole 'nother thing to do it for 25 gallons per week for a tow vehicle...

I used to do that in my '93 diesel, but it's a lot of work. It's one thing to filter and decanter 10 gallons every two weeks for a Rabbit diesel; it's a whole 'nother thing to do it for 25 gallons per week for a tow vehicle...
    [/b]
    yeah i was looking at a 40 gallon tank probably use van 1-2 weekends/month for racing and if the interior is nice enough occasional weekend trip. figure race trips on grease. i have never done the grease thing but have already lined up a chinese take out place for a source. going to be lots of trouble filtering about 40 gal/month?