Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ITR Competition

Let me correct you all, I am a big leisure money seeker, that is why NC now has the Powerball, just for me dammit !!!!
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

I am a heat seeker of leisure and pleasure.

Oh wait, there's got to be small money in there somewhere.....

Friday afternoon it definitely is.

Fred, you at VIR this weekend?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Fred, you at VIR this weekend?
    [/b]
    After the last lap of the Oak Tree Nat SSB race last year, I had Acura drivers making hostile overtones towards me, scared me so bad I sold my Nat car.... but the course workers were all grins and the PA announcer said the last 2 laps of that race were the best racing of the weekend...... Whats a couple busted bumpers, lights, and a muffler amongst friends ????
    Fred Alphin
    Damn economy...

I think a lot of the guys in S are there because it is the "fastest" IT class. I certainly chose an S car primarily for that reason.
    So, yes, to a certain extent, I think R will draw from existing IT drivers (I plan on moving to R in a couple of years). But it is a necessity.
    [/b]
    I agree with Jeff.

... Most guys want to run in the fastest class and I plan on joining them. Over the winter I will be finishing my T2 98 BMW Z3 in ITR trim (hopefully) Since some people seem to think that my 1st Gen RX7 is a has been ... (yeah right) I will run it while I'm sorting out the new ride.

... But my main reason for switching to ITR is because of the cars that are eligible. I have fallen in love with my BMW Z3 and I am looking forward to sliding it around Oak Tree in Improved Touring ......... Yeee Haw

... Rick Thompson

I don't understand why ITR will be so much more expensive than ITS or even ITA for that matter. Especially for me in a Z3. Could someone help me understand why this class will be sooo expensive. I mean I understand bigger tires but that is only 500 a season more (maybe?). Isn't everything all relative. Shoot you need 30K+ to run at the front of A or S why would R be so different? I guesss running an ITA Z3 has left me immune to the financial hardship argument.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Hey Rob,

I can only guess they base it on a combination of the donner cars cost and more breakage, as in harder on tires, brakes, and more expensive body panels. In reality any time someone develops and drives an orphaned or unusual car, the cost will be higher than what's considered normal. However, with my preparing to run BMW club, including the required full fire system and H&N harness, I've come to realize that just the cost to buy and prepare a car is actually only one facet of a much larger expense, including safety, spares, training, pit equiptment, and ect....

BTW, Rick welcome to the Z3 maffia
    Do you know John Byrd? He's been successfully defending his STS-2 title aginst stiff Miata competition down in your neck-o-the-woods.

Jeff,
    Big racing makes small money :P

STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I'm very excited about ITR. I picked up a former T2 z32 300zx over the winter and was just going to get my butt handed to me in ITE next season while having some fun with the car. Hopefully now Ill be able to have a little more fun and be a little more competitive in class for the 07 season. Can't wait.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

BTW, Rick welcome to the Z3 mafia

[/b]
    ... Thanks James,

... I'm really looking forward to getting this beast out on the track. After driving Mazdas for the past twelve years it will seem good to get in a car that can induce throttle oversteer

... I guess since I'm part Italian I will fit right in with the Mafia ....

... Maybe when the time gets closer I can get some suggestions from you on springs and shocks?

... Rick

I am looking for a Mustang for the 08 season. We are just finishing a new ITB mustang, the old one is just too beat up. I will keep my eyes open for a NASA CMC mustang over the next year and if one comes up I will make the jump. We will see what happens.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

I plan on continuing the T-Rex Racing tradition of campaigning a Nissan product. I'll hopefully start the build on a 300zx this winter. Gotta keep those red, white, and blue cars out there!
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

depending on how life playes out over the next few years....

i would certainly consider ITR once the 06+ MX-5 is classed and the current pro-series cars become available.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

By 2008-2009 im hoping to have my rsx type s on the track in ITR trim and since it has been my daily driver i already have goodies like LSD ECU etc

I am looking for a Mustang for the 08 season. We are just finishing a new ITB mustang, the old one is just too beat up. I will keep my eyes open for a NASA CMC mustang over the next year and if one comes up I will make the jump. We will see what happens.
    [/b]
    Im with you Ron, class one and I'll build it. Word is it is a dead duck though, too bad. I think I could have it ready for end of 2007 if classed.

Ron

Actually, I think it is highly likely the Mustangs will be in for 2008.

Tristan, no ugly red white and blue Zs! Green and yellow! Green and yellow! Team Things that Break!

I'll probably build a Z32 as well. If willing, let's share info, etc.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I don't understand why ITR will be so much more expensive than ITS or even ITA for that matter. Especially for me in a Z3.[/b]
    Especially for you is the key here. What's the cost for a replacement Z3 or S2000 (or many other ITR cars here) engine? What's the cost for a replacement ITA Integra engine. Then take into consideration body panels and the cost difference between many of the ITR / Z3ish cars.

The ITR class does sound pretty darn cool. Heck, I'd love to race a few of those cars!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

A good V-8 Mustang motor will run less than 6K, total. Including new rotating parts and a day on the motor dyno to set up. They better class it, heck class it in ITS with a SIR. And body panels, have you been to a junk yard, they are lined up. THats one of the reasons we picked a Mustang for ITB. If we crash at VIR I know I can find a junkyard an hour away and get almost any part I could need. I do't think that is the case with a Volvo.
    Ron
    Atlanta
    ITB Mustang

A good V-8 Mustang motor will run less than 6K, total. Including new rotating parts and a day on the motor dyno to set up. They better class it, heck class it in ITS with a SIR. .
    [/b]
    It won't need an SIR for ITR trim, it runs through the process as is well. That tiny MAF for those two years will take care of that. The car won't be a class winner in IT trim - but, it will be fun, affordable, something I can build easily, cheap, and reliable. Racing one of these would be a lot more fun than getting your Jensen Healey motor rebuilt again, and I can rebuild a SB Ford myself.

I dont think motor will be problem...brakes will go away with that much forward momentum like ITGT cars of yore...and getting them to turn in IT trim
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I dont think motor will be problem...brakes will go away with that much forward momentum like ITGT cars of yore...and getting them to turn in IT trim
    [/b]
    Evan is right, brakes will be the factor for the Mustang! I have toyed with the idea of a late model 01-02 GT for T3 and everybody I talk to has said get used to running the last half of a 30 lap race without brakes
    Fred Alphin
    Damn economy...

Evan is right, brakes will be the factor for the Mustang! I have toyed with the idea of a late model 01-02 GT for T3 and everybody I talk to has said get used to running the last half of a 30 lap race without brakes
    [/b]
    But T3 doesn't allow all the ducting etc. that one can do for IT brakes. Regardless, some folks will chose to run the car. All cars have strengths and weaknesses. Just one of those things factored in the car when classing it, or selecting it to drive.

R