Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Plays with Cars?

Grattan is really bad for convenient hotels. Nothing very close. You try Google Hotel Maps for Rockford, Greenville, Cascade.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Marty...hope you can save a space 'til Sat morning as the way things are going, that's when I'll get there.

We're have all kinds of problems. Got the axel fixed and now having electrical stuff not working right.

At least me and this car are a "start 'n run at the rear" combo, so I guess IF I can get the practice session in okay (unless something else breaks or stops working) I won't be much worse than if I'd practiced on Friday anyway.

I have rode around this place a couple times and walked the track (twice) a few weeks ago.

If we can't get things working right by tomarrow evening, I'm going to cancel this weeekend anyway...will let you know!

OK, best of luck Tom. We'll keep the light on for ya.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

We always stay at the Candlestone Inn/Golf Course just east of the track (about a 5-10min drive). It's by far the closest place and it's decent, really cheap and has a respectable restaurant attached. Go to www.candlestone.com for more info.

However, this weekend we'll have the dog along so we're staying at the Radisson in GR. (the Radisson in town allows pets but the old, slightly run down local place doesn't?)

Alex

I stay at the Red Roof in Grand Rapids sometimes. Its about 25 mins from the track, but only $45-$50 a night.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Well, dammit, what's going on? Don't we have any trackside reporters on WiFi?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Well, dammit, what's going on? Don't we have any trackside reporters on WiFi?
    [/b]
    Are you kidding? We're lucky to have phones out here.

ITS/ITA race - big pile up on lap 1 turn 5. Evidently an accordian behind a GT1 Camero on cold slicks. Took out Kevin Ruck and Colin Botha, and damaged Joe Moser. The race was black flagged for about 15 minutes while they cleaned up the carnage. On the restart Joe quickly worked back through the field (he is one quick puppy) and won ITA by a nose over Mark Rushbrook with Alex MacDonald one second behind in third.
    Rob Huffmaster was as fast as ever and had a walk in the park in ITS. I got my first 2nd place finish with Steve Barth third. Russ White did a bang-up job (no - not literally) running on his novice permit and his first time at the track.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

will kevin and colin be able to run at mid-ohio in two weeks for the nasa honda challenge nationals?

1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Kevin pancaked the front end - hood was buckled. Had to be towed in.
    The results sheet shows Colin did a lap or two after the incident, then must have pulled in. Looked like rear suspension damage but I'm not sure.
    I don't know the extent of the damage to either car, but those guys seem to be able to work miracles with them.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Aw, man. That's a shame.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

will kevin and colin be able to run at mid-ohio in two weeks for the nasa honda challenge nationals?
    [/b]
    It'll be tough, but I'd put money on both of us still being there. The cars might not be very pretty though. My car needs a front bumper, bumper beem, entire core support, hood, both fenders, both doors, drivers side headlight, both corner markers, both turn signals, radiator, and frame straightening. This f*cking blows.

I drove home last night doing 298 miles in 4 hours and 20 minutes. Got home early enough to go out with friends and drown my sorrows.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Sunday was pretty uneventful, at least from my seat.
    ITA - Joe Moser, Bob Mosar (sp?), Alex MacDonald
    ITS - Same as Saturday

Joe was a tenth off Colin's track record from last year, and Rob was .043 off his old record.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

How did you get Joe's name right but not Bob's? They're father and son, you know. (It's Moser.) :P

So Joe hit only a 1:29.6?
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Spelling came from the results sheet. I suspected it was father/son, which is why I put the (sp?) in there. Joe ran a 1:29.657 in Sunday's race (1:29.295 in qualifying). Bob was second fastest in ITA with 1:30.199 in the race. Just for the record, AFAIK, the record is 1:29.531 set by Colin 9/4/05.

Maybe Rob got in Joe's way and slowed him up. I heard they were playing around with each other for a good part on the race.

That really sucks about the car. Story I got was that you were the innocent victim of something that never should have happened.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

All results are posted to mylaps, search Neohio and then search for the event. Remember this is two events.

Sure do appreciate you doing that.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)