Unless the ITAC is flying to their super-secret bunker in AZ to further penalize the persecuted - and the plane dissapears - I just don't see it as a 'new regime wakes up one morning and has to pick up the pieces and move forward (or backward)' situation. Our newest member, Jake Gulick, did a great job listening, learning and understanding where we were and now are before he jumped in. Simple really.

No, I am not with you about. Given the nature of the process, the majority of cars can 'fit'. Some can't. Those cars aren't "misclassed". They are tweeners. They are cars that may be listed too light to be practical in a higher class. A DC may be a good thing.

A 'Book"? The process is most creatinly documented at it's core, including the subjective 'adders'. The application of those adders in each individual situation is grey for older cars but for cars moved, changed or especially ITR, everything is documented for reference of the CRB or the ITAC. I frequently help people understand where their weight comes from (or more often, why OTHER cars weigh what they weigh).

The DC is not to allow people to share cars. It's a benefit, not the driving force. More choices for drivers and an attractive category to non-SCCA members is what drives this thought process.

Your 'what if the next 5 ITAC guys think different' is a red herring IMHO. You could use that arguement for any change at any time.

What are your examples of how it could 'go wrong in the end'?

This policy HAS NOT been put into effect to satisfy the E36 guys. Get that out of your head. SOme IATC members wanted an immediate swapover, some wanted a sunset on a DC, and then discussion was led by a CRB member on the pros and cons to DC's in general. And here we are. I still haven't heard a solid reason NOT to do it.

On edit - just saw Bill's post. Please detail the unintended conciquences so that we can address them. Not just the concept of the UC, but actual concerns. I have already addressed the potential for a flurry of requests that could come in (I doubt it that would happen) would be handled just like PCA's have been handled.

BTW: I coined "DC"! And now "UC"!

*******Let's start a new thread********** See RULES section.

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...t=0&#entry88002