Jake,

It doesn't matter if it's a new class or an existing class, we have a mechanism in place for moving cars. That mechanism has never included DC. As far as poor classing, wasn't that what a defined classification process and PCAs were supposed to address?

I'm not taking a 'touch $hit" approach, I'm just trying to avoid special-case treatment again. Nobody worried about the ITA cars that got moved to ITB having to buy all new wheels. In fact, some said (and IIRC, you were one of them, but correct me if I'm wrong) that they would more than likely be happy to do that because now they wouldn't be back markers. You could just as easily make the same arguement about having to re-cage a car that had an under-sized cage for its new weight.

It's not that I'm against change or doing what's best for the Club and its members, I just don't think the DC thing is good for the Club, and its members, on the whole. I think it will bring with it more headaches than we can imagine now (see previous comments about unintended consequences). Give the S cars going to R a year to still run in S if they want to, but close the door after that, and don't extend DC to other classes.