Well, ars that are suddenly weighing less, and on wider tires, (such as the cars in S getting moved to R) will be entering straights faster, and accelerating faster down the straights, and, presuming they were geared properly before, will run out of gear now. Of course. that will affect some more than others.

Yes, you're right...those moved don't "Need" to get the proper wheels for the class or remove weight, ...but...changing classes on guys who are invested and competitive, and expecting them to be fine with having to choose between being uncompetitive or rebuilding their cars is a bit much.

yea, there's no guarantee, but we said a long time ago that we'd try really hard to not need to use that if at all possible.
[/b]
Jake,

Do you actually have data that show that the ex-ITS cars will actually be faster on wider tires? I know of cases where wider tires have actually slowed cars down. As far as your gearing argument, I'll submit that those 'invested' drivers already have different gears for different tracks. I think it's something that everyone, in all classes is up against. Do you think that the gear you run in your car at LRP would work at Road America?

And from your comment on the 'no guarantee' clause, is it safe to say that you favor writing special-case rules that impact a limited number of cars (very limited?) rather than invoking existing policy?