Now, in addition to being an old fart, I'm an obstructionist? When people here and elsewhere were freaking out because I and a couple others wanted to completely mess things up so much a short few years ago? ITA has become de facto IT2 (which was going to completely fark up ITA, according to legions of CRX owners) and Kirk and his e-radicals got all kinds of grief because we championed a formulaic approach to setting minimum weights. I believe the rallying quote right here in these forums was, "Formulas will NEVER WORK!"

You forget your history, Andy which is kind of a disappointment.[/b]
No way. IT2 excluded RWD. You exclude 3 of the most popular cars in ITA today, the 240SX, the Miata and the CRX. THAT is why I didn't buy into it. Just because the misclassed 4cyl S cars went to ITA means nothing. And I still submit a hard-and-fast formula can't work. We all know it isn't what is being done now.

That's okay, I guess - if it's what everyone wants.
Uncle.
Now - and I am absolutely serious about this, having sucked it up and accepted yet another aspect of the new way of thinking - if it's good enough for SSM/SM/ITA multiple entries, I absolutely DO want the opportunity to make bank renting my spare seat time out, too. Please. I can set up a MkIII Golf with a 200# hot-swapable ballast kit in an afternoon, and make the change in minutes between sessions. Heck, I could save a gazillion hours of labor by not stripping the undercoating off of the next one in the first place and I don't even have to buy new wheels! I may need to use larger tubing on the next shell's rollcage but that won't be a problem.
So my request will be forthcoming just as soon as the new plan is in the books. I'll also petition NCR to make sure that ITB and ITC are in different run groups, to make it possible for me to get a new racer on the track in my car and maximize their revenues. I recognize that there might be some obstructionists in charge there but we'll wear them down.
And if your first reaction is to say NO to this, don't you dare unless you can explain to me why. YOU convinced ME that it is a good idea. Either the rationale presented here...[/b]
Just like I posted in the first part of this discussion: "Maybe a section needs to be added to the GCR limiting the exposure of the dual classification (DC). This would work just like the PCA's that caused your first heart-attack. "Thank you for your request, car is currently classified properly". Every request will get consideration, but precious few would actually be viable for a DC."

I am not a proponent of 'full-blown' DC's as a policy decision from the SCCA. I am for using them sparingly, when it makes sense for tweeners - similar to the application of PCA's. Again, these are all peripheral benefits that make up a concept that seems to have merit - you seem to be hung out on one aspect of the 'plus' items.
...is valid or it is not. I confess that I don't yet know what the protest will look like exactly, but there will be one if the rule as applied to my request isn't consistent with other DC-listed models and the language that ends up in the GCR/ITCS. The bonus - I think that's what it was called when Jake first mentioned it? - cannot fairly be just for "certain cars," if proposals for "other cars" fall into the parameters defined by DC-approved models.
Kirk (who gets a little sea sick rolling over for stuff like this but is willing to do what it takes to not be IT's Chicken Little) [/b]
You don't have to roll over - stick to your guns but your post seems a little whiney. Who knows. I guess I am just sick of the "I will TELL YOU SO when in 20 years we aren't exactly where we are today" thought process. We can only do our best and let the chips fall where they may. Some decisions are good, some are bad - but they will all be made in good faith with the short and long term health of the class as primary goals.

Write the CRB and tell them why you think this idea stinks...but put some actual downside so they have something to consider. We are at an impass. Others should continue in the other thread.

PS: Here is an estimate on your multiclassing: 2000 in ITA, 2350 in ITB and 2760 in ITC. Think you can get to anything other than ITB? Like I said before, DC works for tweeners, probably not for cars classed properly.