Hi Jake,

As I've stated from the beginning, I don't think this should be any different. It's a car, it has an internal combustion engine, and we can class it correctly if we wish.

Data will be easy to come from on this motor. If anything, a Mustang is probably one of the most dynoed cars out there, or at least in the top five. While I've not built an IT trim 5L, I've built other 5L motors with good components and we're not going to break out of IT trim envelope with the motor. Got a nice 535hp SB stroker in the garage right now actually, but it doesn't share a thing with an IT build, including block.

Question - do we need IT trim build numbers before we class it? If so, why this car and not some of the others, like the 3L Supra, 3L BMW, etc? We don't have a fantastic idea of what the Z32 and Supra will do in IT trim, but I dare say it'll be really strong and both will make much better power and be better race cars.

Stock the 5L motor from the 94-95 would make around 185-190 rwhp on a Dynojet, mine was definitely in the middle of that range. I'd say about the same as a 3L six from the top tier 3Ls in the class. Torque is higher than a 3L six, but rev range on the Ford is much smaller than the 3L motors, probably by over 2500 RPM, and I bet the end result of area under the curve will go to the sixes or be about equal.

Anyhow, I'll dig up some Dynojet plot from our local Ford shop, and ask around on some of the Ford forums.

Jeff had a Daytona report - really fast! The track that is. He met an AS racer down there, explained ITR to him, and he said he'd be all over an ITR Mustang in a heartbeat and knew some others in AS would too. They are sort of tired of breaking things in their 400 (crank) hp AS cars and more competition is welcome. The AS racer's words, I'm sure debatable, but there is preceived interest in the car and the interest is strong. FL region seems to have a "speed is king" flavor.

R