Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever.....

Where I learned to drive where all the back roads between Stillwater and Saratoga Springs, NY. Where the roads would go from dirt to pavement and back to dirt again ! It was awesome ! And like the Blethen's, me and my brother would do a little racing and pushing around on the dirt roads. Then I got a chance to learn stick on a '77 MGB and had some real fun on all the pavement ( my father almost killed me when i brought it back all dirty ! )
    But it was all the elevation changes , turns and twists that was great , and Lime Rock just remindes me of those old roads I used to "run" on. Just now, I don't have to worry about a car coming at you in the next lane when you get it a bit wrong .

John VanDenburgh
    VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITC Rabbit #05
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

Street racing! You should be ashamed of yourselves! But I think we all did it, and if we didn't it was probably because we didn't have the car or the place. Besides now we can use the "Young and Stupid" defence. I got my road racing chops on Mullholland Drive back in the early seventies. Many of us went on to SCCA racing from there.

John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

Highway 60 in North Georgia which also makes a loop with u.s. 19 over neals gap. I believe a few years ago motorcyclist magazine put it in their top ten riding roads in america. As a result the fannin county fire department has to scrape a body off the pavement about every weekend. I grew up in the area and when i first got my drivers license i used to entertain myself by catching motorcyclist and honking my horn untill they used the pullouts. All that said i agree that illegal street racing speeding etc. is stupid and not to be condoned i still occasionally rip up the on ramp on my way to work.
    byron
    91 civic dx hatch one hot car