Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona double sarrc

Wow, I am sorry. That's awful -- totalled your car under DOUBLE YELLOW??? And the guy never came and said he was sorry???

That is a good point about the banking. I imagine even a slight touch there could be a huge problem.

I'm really sorry to hear about the car. Hope you get another back together soon. We've lost way too many S cars in the SEDiv the last two years or so. Wish everyone would chill out a bit. It's racing, and we have to be aggressive, but stilll............
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

And the guy never came and said he was sorry???
    [/b]
    Suprisingly - no....It's a shame too. I remember that's how I met Evan. He got turned into me at a start and spun me out, and after the race, he found me in the pits and apologized, and it wasn't even his fault....

Now the the fog has cleared, I'll start looking for another S. Hopefully I can swap most of the parts over to the new car. The bad is I had two years invested in building that car....hopefully now that I know what to do (in theory), I'll be back by the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS

hey mark i don't know you .but you should at least tell the thruth about what happened .
    not the version that makes you look good.
    the full course caution came out before i got on the banks the IT-7 race 1st to 3rd were nose to tail with each other we all slowed down and was in line single file. while up on the banks you were passing everyone on the low side of the banks [double yellow means no passing]this can be confirmed withthe other drivers.
    i donot know if you were hit from behind but you came up to my new car the dark blue rx7 and side swipe me then pulled in front of me to cut me off .i jumped on my brakes to avoid you. and you went straight into the banking headon.i thought i was on I-95 being cut off by a driver with road rage.thanks to you i now have
    to replace the left front fender and check my suspension,and repair the right side of the car after you put me into the guard rail .
    i was tempted to file a protest against you but evans said he knew you and you don't drive like that and maybe you did not see the D-Y.
    that accident was the hot topic with the it-7 drivers because of your stupidity you almost took out the first &
    second place drivers.
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34

If I made a mistake, then I was wrong, however, I am recounting what I remember and what other drivers told me. Andy Fox was right behind me and he remembers seeing me slowing down and # 3 passed him and hit me - under double yellow. I remember everyone slowing down, to my right was mahem, so I went left and low and tried to remain low when I was hit, however, I do remember the yellow and was not trying to pass. If someone has a video I would like to see it because again if I was wrong, I need to know to make sure I don't do it again. I too was going to file a protest, however, hesitated because we all race together and I knew it was not intentional, just racing. If I was wrong, then my apologizes to you and I'll assure all that will not happen again. It definately was mahem at that time and nothing intentional.

mark
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS

MARK -- what happened to the car????? You looked great out there Saturday.

Did Greg Ira's Z get crunched as well?

Maybe I'm lucky I broke early.
    [/b]
    What happened to Guy Marvin's 240Z? That car has been very fast all year.

If I made a mistake, then I was wrong, however, I am recounting what I remember and what other drivers told me. Andy Fox was right behind me and he remembers seeing me slowing down and # 3 passed him and hit me - under double yellow. I remember everyone slowing down, to my right was mahem, so I went left and low and tried to remain low when I was hit, however, I do remember the yellow and was not trying to pass. If someone has a video I would like to see it because again if I was wrong, I need to know to make sure I don't do it again. I too was going to file a protest, however, hesitated because we all race together and I knew it was not intentional, just racing. If I was wrong, then my apologizes to you and I'll assure all that will not happen again. It definately was mahem at that time and nothing intentional.

mark
    [/b]
    I wish everybody had a open attitude when getting caught up in a wreck - not many folks are willing to take responsibility or are willing to hear that they might have been partly at fault. Professional reply.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben, I agree, especially given the tone of the response to Mark's post and the fact that Mark was hit from behind under a double yellow.......

I would be interested in seeing the video.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

results are up at mylaps
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Jake, in S, K V. Steenburg's 944s was way fast. Won both races, but the Saturday race with the 190E was very close.

The RXs seemed quick. A couple kept the two leaders in sight.

Only 1 325is I believe. Ran top 1/3.

Overall, things look pretty balanced to me. I wasn't there Sunday but I think Marvin's 240z ran 2;16 before it got totalled, which was close to Flynn/Van Steenburg.

Jake, that's a FUN track. I liked it. You should make the trip sometime.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hey Guys, This is this guy driving that nasty red MR2 that flipped in qualifying. I justed wanted to give a shout out to everyone who gave me positive words of encouragement afterwards and to the safety workers that yanked me out of the car while I was on the roof..Now we know why the rules are so tough for the roll cages. That cage saved me from having a broken neck..

I was also sad to hear about the black 944 that was crashed. Mark, you were my instructor at Daytona about 2 years ago.

I will be back, this time with a black mr2 in much better shape..

Thanks Mike

182 ITA MR2
    Mike Rottkamp
    ITA MR2 #182 - now trashed..
    Back in a Black 85 MR2..Hopefully soon
    2006 Lotus Exige - will never see SCCA, (maybe)

glad to see you are ok...The car didn't look that bad...transfer parts to the new car? good luck hope to see ya out there soon!
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

I have an 85 MR2 that is in really nice solid shape. I know I'll never be competetive, but I just love buzzing around in these little guys..I will start the transfer soon..The red car really held up great, it is just getting real old and the body is really starting to fall apart. I think tech was happy when I told them I would just trash the red one..

Mike R
    Mike Rottkamp
    ITA MR2 #182 - now trashed..
    Back in a Black 85 MR2..Hopefully soon
    2006 Lotus Exige - will never see SCCA, (maybe)

...And a HUGE THANKS again to ISAAC.....and to Daytona for the Soft Wall......THey both worked as designed and I'm here today.....That was definitely a scary moment.
    [/b]
    Mark,

Very sorry to hear about your car getting zeroed out, but glad you are okay. Did you ever find a video?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Mark,

Very sorry to hear about your car getting zeroed out, but glad you are okay. Did you ever find a video?
    [/b]
    I've got some video of the hit into the wall but the field of view doesn't pick up the initial hit that caused everything... it picks up after both cars have made contact and are headed "up" the banking.

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I've got some video of the hit into the wall but the field of view doesn't pick up the initial hit that caused everything... it picks up after both cars have made contact and are headed "up" the banking.
    [/b]
    Christian
    would you mind emailing me what you have - I'll keep it for posterity....

To further add to something Steve S said "you side swiped me", I think I may have but there was nothing I could do. I said "someone hit me in the rear - HARD - " and I remember then sliding into a car on my right side - it was either a blue or a green car, then my car rotated and took off into the wall. I have no clue who hit my car and ther was nothing I could do after I was hit.
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS

Christian
    would you mind emailing me what you have - I'll keep it for posterity....[/b]
    Sure thing. I'll trim it down a bit (currently is start thru the "incident") as it's currently about 35mb.

Sure thing. I'll trim it down a bit (currently is start thru the "incident") as it's currently about 35mb.
    [/b]
    Well, I haven't edited it down but I have posted it up on Google Videos... it's in two parts. The first part is up through the Double Yellow and one or two laps into the caution. It picks back up again at the restart.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...01058081551810

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...66400975150602

If anyone has any line or driving suggestions please let me know as I'm still a rookie.

Christian

that is a hard hit! Im glad the safety equipment did its job...
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

If anyone has any line or driving suggestions please let me know as I'm still a rookie.

Christian
    [/b]
    Christian,

Mark's line going into the wall is the wrong line.

Can we get a copy of that from Google, or from you?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Christian,

Mark's line going into the wall is the wrong line.

Can we get a copy of that from Google, or from you?
    [/b]
    You think? - Evan told me to go up high and then accelerate down the bank for a higher top end....do you think I went a little too high???

Mark
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS