Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Daytona double sarrc

It's amazing how one mistake can destroy a car so quickly ( and amazing that I have yet to hear a thing from the perp responsible )quote from speedracer # 39 post.
    his first post blames someone for the accident. he was hit from behind was mentioned after?????BS i say.if you are hit from behind your're not going to paas 2 cars and get up alongside me at full speed. what i think happened was ,he did not see the DY was passing everyone and we made contact and he thinks it's someone else's fault ????? or he saw the DY and know that area of the track is not observed by workers and figured he'll make up some track positions so he'll pass some cars and then it was my fault that i came down on himand it's my fault for the accident.any way you look at it he passed 2 cars and was about to pass the 3rd car when we hit. so it's my fault and i apologize for my stupidity i will learn from this experience.
    do you really think if you are slowed down for a DY you are going to destroy a car that bad ???? climbing up the bank to say the least?????? get real if he was of the gas he may have the the wall but would have survived as i did .
    i find it amazing that some guys on this web site is trying to condone passing under DY.
    think about this for a while b4 you reply. he would have been my hero if he had passed all these car unnoticed by any corner workers.then it would have been his word against other drivers word.
    i am not saying i don't make mistake s out there but i don't blame someone else for it .
    it could have been much worse for everyone thank god it worked out ok for all affected.
    we have our health and that's what matters.
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34

Now is probably a good time to call it a racing incident and leave it at that.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

I can't take it any more. I have to reply to some of the things Steve is saying. I was on the bumper of the green IT7, probably 30 feet behind Mark and Steve when they hit. I saw the DY at turn 6, no problem. Many cars didn't, like the yellow and white Prelude. We all went through the corner in a big gaggle, at lest 2-3 cars wide through the corner. Mark didn't pass anyone under yellow. He was side by side with other cars. The only blatant car passing was the yellow and white one.
    If Mark and Steve were side by side through the corner, who allows who to be ahead? Whey did Steve come down without looking for a car to be under him?
    Guess what, WE WILL NEVER KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS!!!! If you asked every driver that saw it, you would get a diferent version of what happened. Let's move on and learn from what happened. Maybe it will never happen again but I doubt it.
    Andy Fox Green/Purple Achieva "Kermit"

guys,
    Sorry to come into this late, I was driving the white Prelude and saw the whole thing.
    First, you are correct, I did not see the double yellow, my fault. I watch the flags very carefully but missed that one. So as we all were going up the banking I was closing on the 944 and the other car quickly. I saw the red car come down the banking and hit the 944 on the left rear and they both went up the track into the wall. I do not kow what was up with the red car, it seemed to me that he came down on the 944 real quickly, in fact I could not understand why. I mentioned this to my buddies that it almost looked like something broke because he came down so fast.
    Now to the guy in the red car, sorry, there may be more to this that I did not see, I am just telling you guys my viewpoint.
    Marvin's Z is messed up pretty good, probably needs a new front clip, he hopes there is no engine damage. Should know this weekend.
    Charles Perry

Sorry, he hit the 944 on the right rear!!
    Charles Perry
    ITS #21 280zx

Well, it gets interesting...........

This is a classic situation of different viewpoints from different drivers.

It appears that there is significant correlation though that takes the blame Mark has accepted off Mark..at least to the degree that he's been willing to go to accept it and make good.

This is begining to sound much more plausible. Congrats to those who have admited less than perfect behavior here..... thats not easy to do. Mark, sorry about your car, but your character seems to be intact.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

What happened to Guy Marvin's 240Z? That car has been very fast all year.
    [/b]
    He said the left front is smashed to the frame. But it's nothing that can't be fixed.

wasnt there...didnt see it....
    But, from the testimony on here I would have to say that Mark actually has nothing whatsoever to apologize about.
    Just my opinion...

[attachmentid=562]hopefully the link works, for a pic of Guys 240.
    Chris Leone
    318i going STL!!!
    E36 ITS underconstruction(sold)
    84 944 ITS (sold)
    71 240z more than half way there/now GT2 bound!!
    ChrisLeonemotorsports.com
    Roll cages and fabrication

OUCH! I'm glad someone made mention that it was a Z. From the way it was stuffed into the guardrail, you couldn't even see the front end. I thought it was some sort of hatchback. Sorry. Glad no one was hurt.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

[attachmentid=562]hopefully the link works, for a pic of Guys 240.
    [/b]
    Not to change the subject (much?), but exactly how did the Z end up stuffed in the guard rail?
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

OUCH! I'm glad someone made mention that it was a Z. From the way it was stuffed into the guardrail, you couldn't even see the front end. I thought it was some sort of hatchback. Sorry. Glad no one was hurt.
    [/b]

It is a hatchback....just a rwd inline six hatchback!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

ok mr. perry which red car came down .i don't recall any red car around. or are you trying to set me up ????? i sold my red car i was driving a blue car when mark and myself came together.
    944 racer did you see a red car hit mark then he may be the one who hit him from behind.
    p.s do we have any more surprise eyewitnesses to the incident please come forward but get your facts correct the stewards don't like liars.
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34

It is a hatchback....just a rwd inline six hatchback!
    [/b]
    True, but from the video it looked like a Pinto!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

mark can you chime in here and tell the witness for hire where i hit you were you behind me or in front of me ????? also evan you were in impound after the race did you hear what colin had to say about the incident ?????and was my car red??????
    i am sugesting to mr perry that not only did you not see the DY you did not see the incident or you are the cause of the incident since you may be the guy approaching mark from behind and hit him out of control .
    [ First, you are correct, I did not see the double yellow, my fault. I watch the flags very carefully but missed that one. So as we all were going up the banking I was closing on the 944 and the other car quickly. I saw the red car come down the banking and hit the 944 on the left rear and they both went up the track into the wall. I do not kow what was up with the red car, it seemed to me that he came down on the 944 real quickly, in fact I could not understand why.] this is a quote from your previous post mr perry.
    mr perry if i need your services as a profesional witness at the track can i hire you ???????
    p.s. i am a little pissed about these accusations to say the least .so i am taking it a little personal.
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34

I was ahead of both of you when the incident happened. I have raced wheel to wheel with both of you and can say you both are very good drivers. Steve you wouldnt win so much if you werent. Mark and I end up on the grid close to each other all the time and we deal with each other on the track without incident most of the time (I hit him once). After watching the incident on tape, it is hard to say. Call it a racing incident and everyone should learn from it. even under yellow things can happen with 80 guys and gals doped up on adrenaline in fast cars on an awesome track are set loose. It is unfortunate what happened to those involved. I saw 2 ITS RX7's with damage, a wasted 240Z, a rolled up MR2, a smashed Saturn, a bent Neon and a totalled 944 JUST IN OUR GROUP! S#!t happens out there we can just do our best. I have left many times with one of the bashed in cars and it is no fun but it happens part of the sport. It happens to the best of us.
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I have left many times with one of the bashed in cars and it is no fun but it happens part of the sport. It happens to the best of us.
    [/quote]
    Okay...the only time I've ever crashed a car was yours...at it's first outing. You just won't let me live it down quietly.

Talk about stupid things happening during a race. The yesterday's race at MSRH had SM's passing, at race speed, for two laps under a full course yellow...with a pace car. Don't know all the penalties passed out, but the paperwork from the corners took hours to sort out.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I have left many times with one of the bashed in cars and it is no fun but it happens part of the sport. It happens to the best of us.
    [/b]
    ... I know how you guys feel, been there done that. I have had people run into me when I feel like they shouldn't have. I remember one time when I had someone tap me from behind and I spun off to the side of the racing line, got missed by the two cars behind me, then got collected by a lap car (that had hit me a few laps earlier in the same race while trying to reenter the track)and I could see him coming long before he hit me. Hint, Hint...... So I guess that's just racing......... Oh yeah, and the Caution was out ..... lol

... Of course I hit a car this year that spun off the racing line and the waving yellow was out. I was really caught off guard. I drove into the corner not knowing that the track was covered with dirt and lost control of my car and slid into a defenseless bystander, for which I was very sorry. Too bad I didn't get a surface condition flag also..........

... So sometimes that old saying comes into play ( What goes around usually comes around ) It doesn't have to involve the same people, but it always seems to work it's way out.

... Rick Thompson

What Evan said.

In response to Chris Wires question......................

Clean start (I didn't get a good one). Eells (Rx-7), Witham (Rx-7) and Marvin (240Z) get around me.

Ending the first lap, Witham and Marvin are side by side braking into T1. I'm a few feet behind to the left. Guy gives Alan all the room he can on the inside without going off at the exit. Alan gets loose, countersteers and snaps to the right, contacting Guy's LR with his RF. This turns Guy to the left and directly into my R door as I was trying to get by on the inside. The contact spun me 360 clockwise to the grass. Guy continued to the guardrail in front of T&S. I continued with signifigant r side damage. I finished 5th in class. Guy got towed off. Alan continued and was involved in at least two more incidents that I know of. One witness stated my door prevented Guy from a worse fate. After seeing his damage, I'm not going to whine about mine. I will race in two weeks.

That is how I and my video camera saw it.

The red glow in the picture is a reflection from my tool box.

Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

What Evan said.

In response to Chris Wires question......................

...After seeing his damage, I'm not going to whine about mine. I will race in two weeks.

[/b]
    Thanks for the clarification, Marc. Class act as always.

Sorry to see the extent of the damage. I only have a left side door at home, or I'd let you have it. Let me know if you or Jim need any help.

The quality of responses in this thread speaks volumes.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

I'm not here to pass judgment on what occurred but I do feel that the respect shown on this board re-enforces my belief that IT is the group for me. I'm very sorry to hear about the incidents and the hardship that will cause to those involved. Hope you guys are back soon

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197