Anybody got a track diagram?

Is the place hard on brakes?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Track diagram available at the registration site, atl-scca.org

Brakes will be well exercised.
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

great, my car is good on brakes
    it's lightweight and relatively large brakes work pretty well

Looks like there are plenty of accomodations off exit 238 in lebanon...so that is prolly where we will be staying.

Any other ITB cars planning on attending?

Likes like only 2 hard braking zones (1 and entry into the chicane?). Is that right?

Also, we can't run the banking???
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Turn 1 (off the front straight) will be your major braking zone. You really don't get enough speed up on the back straight to kill the brakes at the chicane, plus the entry to that corner is faster than it appears on paper.

As far as using the banking, that may be entirely possible in future (maybe even changing track configuration between Saturday and Sunday once we get approval for a Double? - now THAT would be interesting!). National did approve the course layout using NASCAR three and four (leaving out the chicane), but this being our first year at the track we decided to proceed with caution and make the lap as long as possible.

One thing that will be unique because of the short lap length is that the pace car will actually stop in Turn 1 after leaving the grid and have the field form up on the racing service before proceeding with the pace lap. That means less time (and room) to warm up one's tires, but the other option would be two pace laps.

We're going to be figuring out some things as we go along, but it should be a fun little track...

Butch Kummer
    AR Competition Director
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

bummer,
    I signed up for the pro IT only to find that all the ITB guys are running the SARRC.
    I like to run this because it is only one day (practice, qualifying, and race on sat.). I have to stay over friday night in a motel already, so this makes it one night in a motel, not two....

Oh well...
    If any of you ITB can afford it, enter into the pro IT race!

I've entered and will be there if I can get my newly-rebuilt engine running. Electrical problems.
    I entered the SARRC only but would have also entered the Pro IT if it was even close to a reasonable price. $450 for 2 races is just too high in my book. There should be a discount at least for out-of-Divison drivers not in the points race and willing to waive prize money. The marginal cost of those entrants would be negligible. And it&#39;s Econ 101 - total revenue would increase if the price was decreased. <_<
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis