Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 944S

Hey BMW guy,its nice to see someone else bringing their own condoms just to be on the safe side trying to get a break form the board. While they are wearing your a$$ out they were leaving us alone for a change No harm done I hope just kidding some. There is no way 275 comes from a 44S in ITS trim. A good stock engine with tricked exhaust and intake should do very nicely in ITS. The rest is set up,data and driving. Data is worth far more than given credit on any car. Its not cheap either. HP loss through the drive train on the 44S is 20%. a few tricks can cut some of that off and its ITS legal but hard on the parts and short life through the tube. Fooling with the rear end of the car to bring it into the US can be changed and the back end stays put better. Looks like fun to me.

Lawrence
    [/b]
    My estimate of 275hp was based on previous on-track experience. When I ran my unrestricted E-36 a few years ago vs. other E-36 cars and some fast Mazdas the straight away speeds were about the same at Lime Rock and NHIS. Now in my E-46 the restricted E-36s are slower and the Mazdas are close but not quite as fast but the 944s are noticeably faster in the second half of the straights. Aero? not tangible according to the ITAC. Exit speed? None of the 944s handle as well as a RX-7 or either BMW. Power? that must be it by default. Since the unrestricted BMWs make 250hp+ according to the data sheets on file with the SCCA than the 944s must have at least 20hp more if it handles worse but accelerates better and weighs the same at 2,850. right? Seems logical to me.

Relax Andy - I am joking. Beating the 944s is a challenge and I look forward to it. So far this year the 944s has won every dry race in the NE Region this year except for the chicane/chicane course at NHIS (all handling track) I have another trip to the dyno planned next week for some hot weather tuning so maybe I'll find another 25hp - wouldn't that be nice.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

One thing to remeber about the 944 at the Glen. Thats a pretty well sorted effort, and Chris Camedella has like a gazillion laps there. He lives a half hour away.

Also, Kip V has been known to get nearly every cars he's sat in around the track faster than nearly anyone else in that car. He's no rookie.

I think you should make some side bets with those guys about who sets a faster lap at the ARRCs..
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey,guys I got 1 FOR SALE 88 944 S street car red very good shape
    PH 770-720-2039 I'M in GA
    Attila Lukacs -ITA/7 #39
    Woodstock, GA
    03-05 ARRC champ.
    03-08 Pro-it champ.
    RoadRunner Auto Repair & Racing
    770-720-2039
    RX7/3 parts & more
    https://www.roadrunnergarage.biz
    https://www.facebook.com/roadrunnergarage?fref=ts

Not to dilute this conversation, but , I see that Kip V will be at Daytona this weekend - I am curious to see how a well prepared - sorted S will do on a High Horsepower track against Irish Mike, the Speed Source RX-7's, and the couple of Bimmers there.... It will give me something to work towards. I'm sure there is another second or two in my S with a better driver, however, I'll be looking at pull-away speed on the straights and banks where usually those cars out pull me and leave me in the dust just from shear horsepower (and power to weight ratio) which is what this thread originally was started on.....

mark
    Mark Nasrallah
    944 S
    #54 ITS

"So far this year the 944s has won every dry race in the NE Region this year except for the chicane/chicane course at NHIS" quote Rob.

Sorry wrong, Tim Estes won in his RX7 memorial day weekend, and Jeff (Nicks old RX7)was winning with 2 laps to go (pig roast) when he made a mistake and spun, I was behind him and NOT catching up. No matter how you want to spin this, im sorry but the class (ITS) now in a well preparred car is any one's race. Its been proved and lap times are dead-nuts even.

Russ

323, 325, 240z, RX7, 944s, hell even a Corrado -- ITS is looking great this year.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

323, 325, 240z, RX7, 944s, hell even a Corrado -- ITS is looking great this year.
    [/b]
    Sold my VR6 too soon..............
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

My estimate of 275hp was based on previous on-track experience. When I ran my unrestricted E-36 a few years ago vs. other E-36 cars and some fast Mazdas the straight away speeds were about the same at Lime Rock and NHIS. Now in my E-46 the restricted E-36s are slower and the Mazdas are close but not quite as fast but the 944s are noticeably faster in the second half of the straights. Aero? not tangible according to the ITAC. Exit speed? None of the 944s handle as well as a RX-7 or either BMW. Power? that must be it by default. Since the unrestricted BMWs make 250hp+ according to the data sheets on file with the SCCA than the 944s must have at least 20hp more if it handles worse but accelerates better and weighs the same at 2,850. right? Seems logical to me.

Relax Andy - I am joking. Beating the 944s is a challenge and I look forward to it. So far this year the 944s has won every dry race in the NE Region this year except for the chicane/chicane course at NHIS (all handling track) I have another trip to the dyno planned next week for some hot weather tuning so maybe I'll find another 25hp - wouldn't that be nice.
    [/b]
    Should have predicted a letter was coming from you...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Is this the Autotechnic guy who had the webpage with the subframe welds and seam welds on the 325is?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Should have predicted a letter was coming from you...
    [/b]
    I only requested that the weight for the E-46 323i in ITS be lowered slightly.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

I only requested that the weight for the E-46 323i in ITS be lowered slightly. [/b]
    Care to share your definition of 'slightly'? :P
    Andy Bettencourt

Ok I have a friend with a 944 I think of 1987 vintage (S?) that would probably be a great donor car or race project. I know it drove to his house but is in need of lots of TLC...the body looks straight but the interior is a wreck. I didn't put it in classifieds because it is not mine but I know he desparately wants it out of his garage...he has a new GTO. PM me if inerested or with any questions...I will supply you with his number and answer as best as I can. I think he will take $1500 for it. my email is zracre at aol dot com
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Care to share your definition of 'slightly'? :P
    [/b]
    100lbs would be nice
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

100lbs would be nice
    [/b]
    You are killing me.

Andy Bettencourt

You are killing me.
    [/b]
    yeah yeah yeah you love it
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

100lbs would be nice
    [/b]

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I bet it would

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I bet it would

[/b]
    Except my boy Rob asked for 200lbs...at a minimum 100lbs...

It's all good, he is the best dressed in the paddock.

Andy Bettencourt

[/b]
    I didn't think you noticed my Flatspot Motorsport colored stripped shirt...... (Bright Blue with orange and white)

I'll wear it again at Lime Rock later this month.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

It's the pennies in the loafers that drive the grid girls wild.
    Andy Bettencourt

[/b]

If he get's a 100#'s off, I want my SIR off............but I'll settle for a 3mm increase. For that I'll let Rob wear your underwear (if you wear them) over his head @ LRP.