Hey BMW guy,its nice to see someone else bringing their own condoms just to be on the safe side trying to get a break form the board. While they are wearing your a$$ out they were leaving us alone for a change No harm done I hope just kidding some. There is no way 275 comes from a 44S in ITS trim. A good stock engine with tricked exhaust and intake should do very nicely in ITS. The rest is set up,data and driving. Data is worth far more than given credit on any car. Its not cheap either. HP loss through the drive train on the 44S is 20%. a few tricks can cut some of that off and its ITS legal but hard on the parts and short life through the tube. Fooling with the rear end of the car to bring it into the US can be changed and the back end stays put better. Looks like fun to me.

Lawrence
[/b]
My estimate of 275hp was based on previous on-track experience. When I ran my unrestricted E-36 a few years ago vs. other E-36 cars and some fast Mazdas the straight away speeds were about the same at Lime Rock and NHIS. Now in my E-46 the restricted E-36s are slower and the Mazdas are close but not quite as fast but the 944s are noticeably faster in the second half of the straights. Aero? not tangible according to the ITAC. Exit speed? None of the 944s handle as well as a RX-7 or either BMW. Power? that must be it by default. Since the unrestricted BMWs make 250hp+ according to the data sheets on file with the SCCA than the 944s must have at least 20hp more if it handles worse but accelerates better and weighs the same at 2,850. right? Seems logical to me.

Relax Andy - I am joking. Beating the 944s is a challenge and I look forward to it. So far this year the 944s has won every dry race in the NE Region this year except for the chicane/chicane course at NHIS (all handling track) I have another trip to the dyno planned next week for some hot weather tuning so maybe I'll find another 25hp - wouldn't that be nice.