Thread: 944S

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My .02 is that the e46 will not yield as large of a gain as the e36 cars did, even with motec b/c the cam profiles are much milder in the 323 e46 car. I don't think the 30% you say can be found in the M50 engines can be duplicated in the e46.

The only aspect of a 944S that sucks is the rear torsion bars, everything else looks to be a nice package!
    [/b]
    I'm not sure I understand what sucks about the rear torsion bars. They're just as effective as coil springs, they have a much lower unsprung mass, and they're much closer to the ground.

Hmmm...
    Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944

I'm not sure I understand what sucks about the rear torsion bars. They're just as effective as coil springs, they have a much lower unsprung mass, and they're much closer to the ground.

Hmmm...
    [/b]
    The part that sucks is that they are more difficult to change and the spring rates are limited by the bar diameter or by whats on the market vs. a $50 coil spring( which should be allowed in IT, but that is a different story.) Hey I am all for the 944S, it will be a great car when in the hands of you guys that know what you are doing with them, good luck.
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...