Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates on the Glen

Couple things strike me here.

Oh, and what's with all the 2002's in ITB? One of my favorites...are they still a factor?
    [/b]

Andy I believe that the MARRS series probably has the most 2002's I have ever seen running in a point series. At least from the IT results I read. They are still a factor around here, these cars all well developed and well driven. Volvos make up the other large section of ITB, then the oddballs and VW's scatter the rest of the field.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

So THAT'S how a B13 SR20 is supposed to run....

Great video Greg!
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

323i - must have been a typo at registration [/b]

Rob, congrats on 2nd. I thought the pace car was to pick up the leader on a full course yellow!!?? So what happens, the damn pace car gets in front of me and lets you guys take off!! Sure would have made it more interesting at the end if they had picked up on the leader.

Rob, congrats on 2nd. I thought the pace car was to pick up the leader on a full course yellow!!?? So what happens, the damn pace car gets in front of me and lets you guys take off!! Sure would have made it more interesting at the end if they had picked up on the leader.
    [/b]
    The first 4 ITS cars were the last 4 cars in the lead pack behind the pace car (truck?) I have never driven faster pace laps in my life (2:20's) I wasn't quite sure what was going on then the green flag flew for the restart and a one lap shoot out. I don't remember seeing a white flag but later someone told me there was a 1 lap board displayed - oh well - I had a lot of fun for my first race there.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

I thought, maybe incorrectly, that the pace car had picked up the overall leader, who was running very fast, and that he had lapped most of the ITS field, thereby sticking those cars that he had lapped one lap down. The top four cars (in ITS, not overall) hadn't been lapped yet, but were close to being lapped, so had to drive almost the whole way around to catch up to the pack - which is a good reason to turn the 2:20's.

I was just trying to keep up with Bill - he was setting the pace!
    Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944

I thought, maybe incorrectly, that the pace car had picked up the overall leader, who was running very fast, and that he had lapped most of the ITS field, thereby sticking those cars that he had lapped one lap down. The top four cars (in ITS, not overall) hadn't been lapped yet, but were close to being lapped, so had to drive almost the whole way around to catch up to the pack - which is a good reason to turn the 2:20's.
    I was just trying to keep up with Bill - he was setting the pace! [/b]

Chris, good job, tried to see you at your garage, you weren't there. When you guys were in the toe of the boot I was watching Bill lock up his rear brakes while I was half way down the hill. So I wasn't to far behind the lead group. The damn pace truck just jumped out ahead of me at the bus stop! As you guys can imagine, I was going nuts trying to figure what the hell was going on!!!!!!! You were the lead pack catching the rear of the pack under yellow. hehe Some how this shouldn't make sense.

Greg - Great video! Looked like more fun that can legally be had!
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

The 02's that was running up front with me,are soooo fast, and well driven.
    I drove my a#$@$s off to stay in front.
    Good job guys.

Congrats Greg, on the lap record and the results. First lap was quite a show...like to see the rest of the race. Burn a DVD and throw it in your truck...we'll catch up with each other someplace. I had a race like that once...I refer to it as my 'Retirement Race'...since I knew I could happily retire from racing after that one, and not feel I was missing anything - Double race weekend at the Glen, crashed out of the SRF lead Sat. PM, missed Sun. short course qualifying (still putting the car back together). Started DFL in a 35 car SRF & E/F/G/H Prod & GT3/4 field - 14 laps on the short course. Got 30 guys in the first 3 laps, FCY for 4 laps, then got EVERYBODY else, too. Got the lead in T11 on the last lap.

Haven't forgotten a bit of it...just pissed I didn't have a camcorder running. You lucky dog...in 40 years you can be boring your grandchildren AND making them watch the video !!!

FYI...that anonymous Golf that you thanked was John Morris in his 16v. I guess he had problems later on in the race.

Missed you guys at the Nelson Ledges 12 Hour. ~23 starters...small field...but quality. Overall winner was the Pushkar/USERA Miata, Ellinger was 2nd in their Mercedes and we were third overall/1st SM. You going to VIR for the 13 ?

Greg, that's awesome! Congrats on your win; you totally deserve it. When Matt and I were talking at the picnic, it was quite obvious how proud he was of you and what you both are doing. So, when are you going to give me some pointers?

About the "in the zone" mentality...yeah, I've only truly been there once and it felt great! Somehow I have a feeling you'll be there many more times coming up. Looking forward to going to GA to see you win the ARRC. Oh, I so wish I could place bets on that one. :P

I even showed Melissa the video. Her comments..."I like the lime green colored car" and "wow! He bumped him a bit ther followed by ooof!". (There were many wows versus cool colored cars. ) Nice job Greg.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Thank you for all the kind comments. The rest of the race is pretty interesting, but it could be condensed down into only a few more laps; the rest are nothing but open windshield...John, I'll toss a DVD in there for the next time we meet; congrats on your third! and I am planning on running with Team Knestis for the VIR 13 hour...

1. The awareness of the drivers that you were there[/b]
    ABSOLUTELY. This wasn't a one-man show. With very limited exceptions the drivers in the field were consistent and predictable. Just about everyone I passed did the correct thing by simply driving their line so that I knew where they were going to be, and I could adjust my actions accordingly. Every time I look at that video I get the same impression: super job on everybody's part.

Nice - VERY nice. Good thing you didn't pack it up and take off.[/b]
    Thanks. I would have been kicking myself if we had left...

Incredible lap of the Glen!!!!! I was holding my breath in spots......great bumper drafting!
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

Wow....that was a fun lap eh Greg?? That spinning car in the ankle worked out veeeeery well for you! And it seemed almost like he was a "pick" to help you get by 3 guys, LOL.

Your car does that "bouncy" thing just like mine up the hill from the toe. I always thought it was unique to my car. Everybody I mentioned it to had blank looks on their faces.

And how about those Miatas! What'd they leave..two YARDs of track off the apex?? You gotta love that, LOL.

Awesome lap. I should book my time for the ARRCs now..you ARE going, right??
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

The 02's that was running up front with me,are soooo fast, and well driven.
    I drove my a#$@$s off to stay in front.
    Good job guys.
    [/b]

Great job!!! Wish we were with you and the BMW's fighting it out, it looked like a large ITB field!!! What were you and the others turning for lap times? Also if you have a copy of the results I would love to get a fax... 9789377341 ATTN: Raymond

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Greg - Congrats on the lap record and win. Limited access to the "net" forces me to wait until I get home from the beach to see the "hot lap" - Can't wait.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Wow....that was a fun lap eh Greg??[/b]
    The best. Like John said: that one's going to be hard to top. I had a "favorite race" from 'way back when' but this one's my new one.

Your car does that "bouncy" thing just like mine up the hill from the toe.[/b]
    That's not a good thing, Jake. In fact, imagine doing that all around Lime Rock Park, constantly, for 30 minutes. That's why my car works very well on a smooth track (The Glen) but not well on bumpy ones (LRP, Road Atlanta). Same thing happens when we pound the curbs at the Bus Stop. Close your eyes and imagine the ride through the Downhill at LRP...!

We believe it's indicative of inadequate damping versus our springs rates versus our corner weights. And this is with the new Konis at max rebound! I'm looking for a window where I can send them back for revalving...

I should book my time for the ARRCs now..you ARE going, right??[/b]
    You bet!

I was just trying to keep up with Bill - he was setting the pace!
    [/b]
    Bah, you had the fastest race lap. I was in the 18's every lap except for 1 when I managed a 2:16.98.
    How the hell did Nick ever do a 2:14 last year?
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Maybe he used the added power of taco bell.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I turned a 2:14.9 on the same weekend that Nick turned the lap record - it must have been a very good day - the right temperatures, the right track conditions, everything.

Don't forget that we had essentially a green track - the rain on Saturday washed away everything, and no one drove fast enough in the warmups to put any rubber down on the track.

Besides, I kept getting stuck behind guys that were fast up the straights and slow in the corners :P !
    Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944

I'd like to say a 'ditto' in regards to the heads up driving. I too had tried to qualify on dry tires (and only in the second session) and started further back than potential - 38th, then finished 18th. The first couple of laps were very congested, double/triple stacked, 3 wide going into the bus stop, and no fender rubbing. It was a lot of fun; Can we do it again?
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #71