Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updates on the Glen

Amazing first lap by Greg! Thanks for posting it.

I had a fun race, passing some cars (I was sooo slow in the rain). But nothing like Greg's lap. I am new to ITA and in the process of coonverting my Miata from SM to ITA. It is yellow (No. 10 for the Glen). I am running the MARRS series and have passed the point of being legal in SM (header). Hope you all can put up with another Miata. Enjoyed racing with you. Bill H

Besides, I kept getting stuck behind guys that were fast up the straights and slow in the corners :P !
    [/b]
    I learned something from watching Alonzo at Imola last year.
    Actually, yah I drive a nose heavy pig with a big 2.9L motor...it was perfectly geared for the 3-4 run from T1 up through the esses... 'on cam' the entire way.... if I could afford one of Jon's engines I'd rather race a Porsche. Did both rear wheels ever leave the earth when I hit the brakes? All that smoke was due to a broken rear bias knob. Way too much rear bias for a car that is so nose heavy.

Greg, it was good meeting you Friday even though we never did get a chance to actually talk. Congrats on your record and according to what Chris says here it sounds like you could have smashed it to bits had the conditions been perfect. Guess you need an SIR

"James B" it was also good meeting you and I'm sorry I didnt recognize your IT.com username if you had said your real name I would have gotten it right away....

Reece, did you win ITB ? Good chatting with you as well.

Your car does that "bouncy" thing just like mine up the hill from the toe.[/b]
    Same here, but with ~1000lbs springs you feel every pebble... there is a quite a low frequency washboard going on there these days.
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

I wish I had some time in the morning to install my video camera - I would
    have been a great video. I think we swapped positions 4-5 times. I only saw one rear wheel in the air at a time - never both!

That was my first event at the Glen - great track - I can't wait to go back

Thanks for nice clean racing - when are you going to make the trip to Lime Rock!
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

It was nice putting more faces to the names. Bill I am used to people recognizing online names rather then my last name. You being a vendor I forgot its the other way around. Don't worry I will be pestering you off season im sure.

My car felt great!!! I wish I had managed to get a hardship slot to get a better idea of the dry line rather then learning it after the start. Other then a few bad shifts (twice I went from 4th to 5th rather then 3rd) and lost two positions, I had a great race and had a blast.

Who knows, maybe next year ill take the cance and come back up if thats where MARRS goes. We shall see.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Bah, you had the fastest race lap. I was in the 18's every lap except for 1 when I managed a 2:16.98.
    How the hell did Nick ever do a 2:14 last year?
    [/b]

Bill did you happen to see the ITE Porsche pull that insane move on the SRX-7's I believe you were lapping me at that point......I lost my clutch.... Only had 4th gear..

Bill Weaver
    # 63 ITS Mazda RX-7
    W J Weaver

I wish I had some time in the morning to install my video camera - I would
    have been a great video. I think we swapped positions 4-5 times. I only saw one rear wheel in the air at a time - never both!

That was my first event at the Glen - great track - I can't wait to go back
    [/b]
    Yeah, I was pretty amused to see that right rear wheel completely stopped every lap on the way up the hill out of the toe of the boot.

Ditto on the nice, clean racing - it made it a lot of fun. You were running fantastically considering that was your first trip to the Glen - Bill and I have been there maybe once or twice before
    Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944

So we had an RX-7, E46 323, 944S and a Corrado VR6 all gunning for a podium in ITS? AWESOME...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

And my impresssion was that Dans E36 was right there too, up to the pace car issue.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

And my impresssion was that Dans E36 was right there too, up to the pace car issue.
    [/b]
    yup and the Acura Integra was in it for at least half the race. I saw him back ther in third. What happened to Wheeler?

>> Bill did you happen to see the ITE Porsche pull that insane move on the SRX-7's

In the heel of the boot? Yah what the heck was that all about? I was sure I was going to T-bone one of the various spinning cars.
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

yup and the Acura Integra was in it for at least half the race. I saw him back ther in third. What happened to Wheeler?

>> Bill did you happen to see the ITE Porsche pull that insane move on the SRX-7's

In the heel of the boot? Yah what the heck was that all about? I was sure I was going to T-bone one of the various spinning cars. [/b]

I'm glad to hear every had a good CLEAN race up front. My hat off to you guys. You should be proud that racers like yourselves bring a lot of class to this sport and that you set examples for all racers to follow. Your kids should be proud. Keep up the high standards of driving & hope to see you @ the Fun One. PLEASE TELL THE PACE CAR TO PICK UP THE LEADER NEXT TIME!!

Are race results online anywhere yet?
    MARRS ITB BMW 2002 #2
    O=00=O

I learned something from watching Alonzo at Imola last year.
    Actually, yah I drive a nose heavy pig with a big 2.9L motor...it was perfectly geared for the 3-4 run from T1 up through the esses... 'on cam' the entire way.... if I could afford one of Jon's engines I'd rather race a Porsche. Did both rear wheels ever leave the earth when I hit the brakes? All that smoke was due to a broken rear bias knob. Way too much rear bias for a car that is so nose heavy.

Greg, it was good meeting you Friday even though we never did get a chance to actually talk. Congrats on your record and according to what Chris says here it sounds like you could have smashed it to bits had the conditions been perfect. Guess you need an SIR

"James B" it was also good meeting you and I'm sorry I didnt recognize your IT.com username if you had said your real name I would have gotten it right away....

Reece, did you win ITB ? Good chatting with you as well.
    Same here, but with ~1000lbs springs you feel every pebble... there is a quite a low frequency washboard going on there these days.
    [/b]

Hi Bill, yes i won the race.
    Iam sorry to see your car damage,it was a good race.
    You have time to get it ready for FUN ONE.
    Good luck.

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Bill-

Just looked at the results, nice to see the Corrado get the 2nd fastest ITS time... just barely behind Chris in the 944S!!!

Greg... wowser again you were flyin!!! We are going to have to give you some weight to keep you on the ground

In ITB it is nice to see that Dave Z had the fastest ITB Lap Time!!! Look who's back!!!

Eric- Looks like you had some competition in ITC!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Anyone care to fine me on the result sheet. I forgot to get one. we where packing up for the LONG tow home and by the time I got to PA I relized I never went to get one. I just want to know how close to DFL I was.
    [/b]
    In my first race ever, I cautiously secured DFL... 14/14 finsihers

James, you were 13th

I was 12th but missed a shift and couldnt get back up there before the yellow came out.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires