Thread: Any Updates on Head and Neck Restraints from SCCA?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And what exactly are you trying to point out w/ this Peter? Do Hans devices save lives? Yes they do. I don't think anyone is disputing that fact.

Just a reminder, Bill, amidst all the conspiracy accusations, that the HANS does indeed save lives. You have a problem with that?

And what exactly are you trying to point out w/ this Peter? Do Hans devices save lives? Yes they do. I don't think anyone is disputing that fact.
    [/b]

Just a reminder, Bill, amidst all the conspiracy accusations, that the HANS does indeed save lives. You have a problem with that?
    [/b]
    Like I said Peter, I don't think that anyone is disputing that a HANS saves lives. Is it the best product out there? I don't have the answer to that question, but some have raised some significant design issues (lack of lateral support, device slipping out from under the belts).

The gist of the 'conspiracy theory' has little (or nothing) to do w/ the way the HANS functions. It centers mostly around the SFI requirement of a single point of release. Something also that has nothing to do w/ the way the HANS functions (it's interesting that Roy talks about the quick releaseses on the HANS, and then talks about someone forgetting to pull the release pins on the ISSAC).

For people to not be able to use a H&N device that's been proven to work, because it doesn't meet a standard that has requiremtnts that don't relate to performance of the device, certainly makes one wonder why the standard was written that way, or why it was adopted.