Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2007 door bar rule change?

I'm sorry - I completely forgot that Phil got a shaving machine. That happened after I switched to buying Hoosiers from him, rather than Toyos.

K

I ordered a set of shaved toyo's from phil today. Saved money on the price and also on the shipping. Nice people to deal with.
    I'm not quite at the hoosier level yet , so toyo's and the longevity they are known for is more important at this point in my racing career then outright speed
    Maybe next year...

The kumho 710's are cheaper then the hoosiers...and I thought they were as fast?
    "Entropy sucks"

The kumho 710's are cheaper then the hoosiers...and I thought they were as fast? [/b]
    Not sure if they're as fast, but definitely faster than the Toyos. The problem with the Kumhos is that if you don't set your car up exactly right, with very little camber (like 1 degree or thereabouts), and lower starting pressures than every other tire out there, they will come apart on you. There is at least one old thread on this board, and I've seen a couple of discussions on other boards about this, and it just happened to me this past weekend on a tire with six heat cycles on it. My next set of tires will be either Hoosiers or Goodyears.

Oh, can you tell I'm still a little pissed?

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

thanks for the heads up.
    I was just thinking of ordering the 710's as a "faster" tire for my other set of wheels.
    Guess not...
    "Entropy sucks"